Best Simmental Bulls right now

Help Support Steer Planet:

J

JTM

Just weaned twin Uno Mas calves off of a purebred Shorthorn cow. One weighed 596 and the other 608lbs. Nice calves.

SimFarmer

DSCSD there have been a few heifers in some online sales just recently or selling this week, especially on cw cattle sales. Minnaert's just sold one on cw this week that was pretty nice.

cpubarn

I haven't visited any farms but glancing at video they are out there...
https://youtu.be/umHs8FNK7w8  is one I saw just before I opened this.

firesweepranch

LKFSimme said:
Firesweepranch:  How much is Genex charging for Iron Hide?  And since you saw him in person, how do you feel about his potential as a calving ease (heifer safe?) bull?  Thank you for any insight you are willing to share.
Genex has not set the price yet that I know of, so I am not sure. A good friend of mine shared with me today she has had several Iron Hide calves, and they come small and are some of her best. Looking at his numbers, I would use him on a heifer, but not a tiny one.

Bi-Lane Livestock

The Captain bull that Hartman and Frankenrieder own is the best looking SIMM bull I've seen in awhile.  He's a Broker out of Drivers mom, he's a game changer.

HF CHARS

Bi-Lane Livestock said:
The Captain bull that Hartman and Frankenrieder own is the best looking SIMM bull I've seen in awhile.  He's a Broker out of Drivers mom, he's a game changer.
I thought he was a broker out of a full sib to driver,,,,he's a broker x lullaby correct,,,,

Dale L

Where can someone find a picture and some more info on this Captain bull?

CAB

Semen is available on WAGR Captain through Vogler Semen Centre. Minimum 10 units @ $100.00 per unit.

Simmgal

Figured I'd try and revive this old gold again! What bulls are you guys planning on using this coming spring? How are those fall calves looking?

WinterSpringsFarm

Hooks Broadway, HPF Optimizer, and Gargans Red Revolver bull are the newer players on my list.

And an older one I plan on using to flush is Yardley High Regard.