best TH Free Clubby

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortii

I have a 05 shorthorn cow that is is pretty moderate in size. Every year she has had bull calves except for one so I figure this year im going to breed her to something clubby. She is a TH carrier so I figured why not ask on this thread on what people would think to breed her to. so far she has produced three steers that have done some winning around the state. I have been thinking hairy bear but any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help.

mark tenenbaum

shortii said:
I have a 05 shorthorn cow that is is pretty moderate in size. Every year she has had bull calves except for one so I figure this year im going to breed her to something clubby. She is a TH carrier so I figured why not ask on this thread on what people would think to breed her to. so far she has produced three steers that have done some winning around the state. I have been thinking hairy bear but any other suggestions would be great./// I finally did a post asking why Total Solution doesnt come up: hes clean, a proven hiefer bull-and everywhere I look there are great ones out of him-just dont seem real tall-He isnt a secret-semen is running low-but he has gotta be one of the best clubby Who deals that ever was. O0

Thanks in advance for the help.

kfacres

Depends on how she's built.. but I personally like Captain Morgan for what he offers to the playing game.  

ETA- b/c I forgot to put it before getting click happy....

I have CM in the tank to use on that exact type of cow this spring- moderate, carrier, powerhouse shorthorn.

Dyer Show cattle

I have used WMW in the past and never got a calf that I was really impressed with. Had some ok to good calves but nothing shocking. Had 4 One and onlys last year and liked all of them and sold all the steers and kept the one heifer I had. Everyone of the One and Only calves last year would beat any of the 10 WMWs I have had in the past. The WMWs were bred to some meyer 734s, and angus cross cows. The One and onlys came out of 2 Lucky Break sim x cows and 2 sunseekers. I think WMW works but to get a really good one you need cow power. The one and onlys I have are great calves out of plain cows and better calves out of the sunseekers. It will prob come down to which ones make better cows for me. I have 1 decent WMW cow and keeping 1 One and only heifer so only time will tell if the One and Only will make a cow or not.