Best way to effectively get rid of dead, nappy hair?

Help Support Steer Planet:

barngoddess

One of my steers this year has that kind ofhair that we all hate...that nappy fuzzy kind  :mad:
He gets rinsed or washed everyday and I grill brick him all over every day. A little bit comes out but barely noticeable and usually only in certain spots. I can tell that new hair is coming in but I want to get rid of this dead hair so that it comes in faster. Clipping him out is not an option. His first show will be in January.

I saw the shedding rake in sullvans catalog and am thinking about trying that>? I know that they have a very similar tool for dogs and it works really well so I'm thinking that it'd work better than the old grill brick.

What's the best way to try and get rid of it quick and effectively?????

GFC#22

Weaver shedding comb. I think is one of the best combs I've used, works amazingly well.

nkotb

I may be wrong, but I would think three months through winter would be enough time to regrow hair, especially if it is getting worked with on a regular basis.

frostback

I wouldnt think you wouldnt have much dead hair this time of year. Are you using any conditioner or oils? I would think dry over dead.