Best way to sell 12 bred club calf cows?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jlriecke

We are thinking about selling our club calf cow herd: Four cows out of Meyer 734, three are daughters of the Meyer 734 cows, two Shorthorn cows; one out of Miss Katie and the other one is an ET from Farrers, One Ali cow, one  Smooth Sailing and 1 One and Only cow. All cows will be bred 2: Two Tone, Bodacious, Money Maker, Carpe Diem and Sonny and Clear. These cows have had multiple champion calves at state and County shows. All cows range from the age of 2 to 10 yrs. What would be the best way to disperse these cows? Thanks for the suggestions. Jeff 260-897-3067

OH Breeder

I think any time you sell anything especially cattle pictures and videos are great way to increase your chances. The classifieds here I have had great luck with plus they are free. I also would ask are you wanting to sell them as a group or individually. Selling individually or in pairs they may move it may take a little longer to sell a group. Just think how you want to view cattle that you have purchased when marketing this group. If they quality is there they will sell themselves with the right pictures. I would invest in a photographer to take some decent pictures and maybe some video's. I think there are some photographers on here that would do a fantastic job. My one complaint is when people take a cell phone pic and its dusk, you can barely see the animal, its taken while the animal is running away and that's the way the buyer is suppose to view the animal in its best light. I just think if you are serious then either invest in the photos or get yourself a camera and sit on a 5 gallon bucket and shoot away. I have never gotten great pictures by just running through the pasture snapping photos. JMO goodluck!

jlriecke

Thanks for all your great ideas. Yes, we  have decided to sell the cows! We would like to sell as a group if possible but willing to negotiate. If they don't sell within a month we will be contacting a sales group. Thanks again Jeff.

jlriecke

Avilla Indiana,its in the northeast part of the state. Call for more information