BIG BELLIES !!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerjock07

I was wondering what all the secrets are for making these heifers get such HUGE GUTS ????? epecially adding the DEPTH of BODY ?????

steerjock07

im sure that has alot to do with it , but i dont believe everyone has the genetics, there has to be some other tricks

Cattledog

Genetics are a pretty big factor but there are things that do help.  I know I don't take away from the volume of feed.  As they get closer to ideal condition I replace with beet pulp and cotton seed hulls.  I actually try to cram as much feed in their bellys as possible even if it doesn't have alot of energy.  Being far along with calf helps out alot too.   

OH Breeder

free choice hay has always seem to help our calves. We mix beet pulp in ration and steadily increase it as they come closer to finished. also in hair shows having that hair on belly really adds to the depth of body.
you have to have some genetics to start. in the 80's we wanted size size size. We didn't want belly dragging females. if you had a step ladder to trim the top of your cattle you were on target.

Attachments

• chianina.jpg
    chianina.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 242

DakotaCow

Genetics alone is not the difference, Look at hw and his clones. Those critters dont even look that similar, the first clone looked more like the original than the later ones do.

xray88

If you do not know what a CPS is then you can't be called a jock like your name says. Hint it is illegal at most shows

Bradenh

xray88 said:
One thing CPS. every other day.
best invention since paper money, also limit their water. only give them acess to water once a day (thats a trick for winter months, im not advising it right now). . and when they drink they will fill their self all they way up. instead of partially when they have full acess to water. that helps