Black velvet dye how do you apply?

Help Support Steer Planet:

snoit

Black velvet dye from Sullivan's says on the label do not shampoo or scrub 5 days prior to dying.  But on the website it says make sure hair is clean and dry. If you have used this product what did you do?

Spencer10218

I waited 3 days and didn't have a problem just keep the bedding clean and blow the calf out
I used a spray bottle and sprayed it in
It's better to have a couple people help so you do both sides at the same time and when you rinse the dye will have been applied for the same amount of time

Tallcool1

I agree with Spencer, but prefer to fog it on.  It goes on so much faster.

If you don't have a fogger, just get a piece of hose about as big as a straw.  Put one end in the bottle, and hold the other end right under the nozzle of your blower.  It will suck it out of the bottle and fog it right on the calf.  If too much is coming out, then move the hose back away from the blower nozzle a little bit.

Like Spencer said, by the time you get around the calf with the spray bottle, it is time to start rinsing where you started!

vc

We rinsed them in the morning,blew them out and put them in a stall with clean bedding, in the afternoon blew them out well and then dyed them, we used a spray bottle.