Blade Sharpening

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Got a question for you all-  Do you use a local clipper blade sharpening service or do you use the ones available at the cattle shows???  Is there a need out
there for some other people that would do it out of their homes at a more reasonable price???

kfacres

I do them myself.. have a double sided wheel... one side is beveled for sheep heads, the other flat for duh... flatheads...

bought the setup in 03, haven't spent a dime on sharpening since... 

WWS

I have a neighbor do mine that runs a blade sharpening service for barbershops and other hair businesses

TexasHeat

I have the sharpener in the Sullivan's Magazine, Sharpens flatheads and other large blades fine, takes a couple of tries on the small blades.  I used to use Sullivan's @ show to sharpen before I got my set-up.

Cowboy Up

We take ours to shows and have Sullivan's do it. Or if we don't make it to any we just mail them in.

afhm

New Edge Sharpening in Burkburnett, Tx.  They have a website just search for it on google.

Duffer

Sinnamon Show Supply in Kokomo Indiana do a supurb job sharping blades.  Turnaround Time is always quick. They can be reached at
765-566-2007

DLD

My father in law does our sheep head and flat head blades.  Nobody but K9 gets to do my Oster/Andis blades, though.

Jill

We usually have Sullivan's do them at the National Jr. Show and the American Royal, we have tried several others and just haven't been happy.