Blaze simmis for calving ease

Help Support Steer Planet:

HVNR

GWS/SCF Rendition looks good. Really like his sire Trademark as well.

FBF

DJ Salution is proven calving ease.  In Ohio, ask Alan Halderman ............ he used the bull on Angus heifers.  Ask Mike Huston in Ill, or Jeff Maas in Iowa.  South Dakota, ask Kevin Healey, or call Cattle Visions. 
None of them own any part of the bull, but all of them swear by him.  Salution has a  -0.6 BW EPD.  And now his first daughters are calving out with positive reports.
One of the owners (LJ Herzog) bred a neighbors Lowline x belted Galloway first calf heifer to DJ Salution.  She had a 65lb heifer calf unassisted.  I saw the calf and requested pictures.  He is going to put it in his sale this fall as a 1/2 Simmy with the white belt.

Show Steaks

We used Pathfinder on all of our first calf ehfiers with great succes maybe one pull but that was only to get on with other work on the farm

Bertch

I have used Star from abs on heifers with all calving unasisted. Not to be confused with Star Power!!

rock

Dusty said:
roundrobin said:
dusty could yo tell me more of the dams bloodlines.   is it angus back a generation.  the who made who daughters are good females also correct.   what are their downside

As far as I know the cow is a Who X Maine/Angus. 

the cow looks really familiar, who owns her?

Big Red Barn

I agree with High Voltage. I have seen him in person, and looked through a ton of his calves. They come out tiny with a lot of get up and go, and his weaning weights are pretty great as well. Just purchased a son out of him and Grizz daughter, 50 pound birth weight. 90% of the bulls in the pen were out of him, all out of first calf heifers and each one had something to bring to the table, most notably style to burn. I also don't believe there was one that had larger than a 75 pound birth weight. I wouldn't be scared to use him on anything.

roundrobin

Freddy said:
hAS THAT rUMMCHECK  SAID ANY THING ABOUT HOW YOU SPELLED HIS NAME YET roundrobin ----I wouldn't have noticed it but were pretty good friends I think an he got tired of me mispelling it .
Sorry for the misspelling mr. rumchock,   I have heard from a friend in nebraska chopper is not calving ease.  Also did you have another simmi bull you promoted this year tonney, what is is bw.....Also are there burrito calves on the ground.

RCF Farms

I have been looking at this myself for some 2nd year cows and Dream on, Built right and one I kind of like is Dream Catcher he is a Dream on son

RSC

roundrobin said:
Freddy said:
hAS THAT rUMMCHECK  SAID ANY THING ABOUT HOW YOU SPELLED HIS NAME YET roundrobin ----I wouldn't have noticed it but were pretty good friends I think an he got tired of me mispelling it .
Sorry for the misspelling mr. rumchock,   I have heard from a friend in nebraska chopper is not calving ease.  Also did you have another simmi bull you promoted this year tonney, what is is bw.....Also are there burrito calves on the ground.
Haven't seen you on here for quite a while Barbie.  Hows it been?

Tony

jackpotcattle

rock said:
Dusty said:
roundrobin said:
dusty could yo tell me more of the dams bloodlines.   is it angus back a generation.  the who made who daughters are good females also correct.   what are their downside

As far as I know the cow is a Who X Maine/Angus. 

the cow looks really familiar, who owns her?
        dan sullivan sold molly in 07 sale along with that bull and several hfrs from her that were all very good. rob vanhove and justin mougck bought her

LinZ

Personally... I would go with Mo Better... I have used him  on first calf heifers that have been in the showstring on feed until about 2-3 weeks before they calve and have had no problems with him. The grow good, look good and most all of them have the white on the face. Built Right will throw pretty small framed ones even on bigger framed simmy cows so I'd be a little careful with anything near smaller framed...and he can throw ALOT of extra white. Just my 2 cents but MO Better is perfectly safe for heifers, gets you the white face, and no Dream On in the pedigree, and throws a dang good calf to boot.

LinZ

SCowger

I would recommend Mo'Better or Built Right, but if you want an outscross pedigree and bull that will give your calves a great look and put some hip and muscle in your Angus heifers I would recommend DLS/TFS Top Flight the 2007-2008 National Show Champion Bull.  We used him on our heifers and never touched a calf, heaviest calf was around 75 lbs.

Semen available from Cattle Visions. 13.6 for CE and -0.5 for BW.  Recently one of his first sons was Res. Calf Champion at Houston.

Attachments

• TOP_FLIGHT_21_ad pic.jpeg
    TOP_FLIGHT_21_ad pic.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 279

farmermom

GLZ said:
On Angus heifers Dream On throws a lot of solid blacks.

Possibly try a son like Pathfinder or Built Right.

I agree.  We got some night Dream on calves out of angus cows put no white.  Pathfinder could get you some, not sure on his CE numbers.  Calving ease depends on how big can the heifer take. 

JbarL

we had a 70# dj salution bull calf in dec out of a first calf heifer.....unassisted /vigor galore/ no white, ...ive got 2 more heifers this year, and thinking about  momas boy on one and salution on the other....jbarl