Bloodstone x CF 12 Queen TPX 221

Help Support Steer Planet:

Young

I have a young Bloodstone x CF 12 Queen TPX 221 daughter that I am wanting to breed and wanted to know what your opinions are on what to breed to.

sue

The folks you bought her from must have some ideas?  Watch the fall sales and see what worked - lots of that breeding, about 75 chances to purchase trump  this weekend alone.

Jacob B

That cow is flat out awsome.  I think she may be one of my favorite of that mating.  I think you should jsut give her to me and not worry about breding her at all.  I can help ease your burden.  Can you give me a little more info on her?  Age, what you are shooting for, major show types, more maternaly cowy kinds, clubbies?  What does she need to make her better for what you are trying to accomplish with her?  Don't know where you got her, but why not start at the source, just ask one of the Cates Family.

Young

I'll try and get a pic up.  I want to keep some replacement females out of her that still have a show look.  I'm building my herd ( going on year two) and want to start with a strong genetic base. I'm thinking of using proud venture but don't know enough about him.  Saw a similar cross in cates sale catalog and thought it would make some solid replacement females.

Doc

Young said:
I'll try and get a pic up.  I want to keep some replacement females out of her that still have a show look.  I'm building my herd ( going on year two) and want to start with a strong genetic base. I'm thinking of using proud venture but don't know enough about him.  Saw a similar cross in cates sale catalog and thought it would make some solid replacement females.

He was raised by some good friends of mine & is out of an outstanding cow. I see that Little Cedar is selling their full sister to him & she looks real nice.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

I think i would go with some heifer bull for your first calf, if she has not had a calf before. Something like Jake's Proud Jazz or something along that line.
After that I would use Tammy Gottschalk's bull SULL the da vinci code. He is a full brother to Grey Goose out of the K-Kim Mona Lisa 35L , He is a solution son so it would be line breeding as far as the sire, but the Mona Lisa is an outcross to your animal.
Check out her cattle for sale page to see his progeny http://www.gottschalkfarms.com/cattleforsale.html

Young

Can't find a pic and haven't been able to take one.  This working thing sure interferes with my cow time.  She looks very similar to Leemon's heifer on their champions page.  I think that Proud Venture would make some good cows but line breeding trump is the way to go from everything I have seen.  I like the look of the Da Vinci bull I might give him a shot.  Thanks for the help.