Blue Roan heifer Tour - Iowa to Alabama and back...

Help Support Steer Planet:

cpubarn

The Vegas posted I believe was Trausch's.  I called on the 31st and she was at $8250, WAY over my budget.

Mark

lowann

We saw a pretty young blue roan heifer this weekend at Nashua, Ia.
She was shown in an IJBBA show, feeder calf division, out of Manchild.
I didn't get to talk to the owners, but a friend that was with us did. She will be for sale sometime this fall.
Owned by Riemann Cattle. If I hear anything more about her, I will post it here. I have a feeling she will go high.

CAB

The Vegas heifer in the Trausch sale went to Barry Nowatzke for $34,500.00. Very good calf. Vegas is a full sib to Sin City.

OH Breeder

CAB said:
  The Vegas heifer in the Trausch sale went to Barry Nowatzke for $34,500.00. Very good calf. Vegas is a full sib to Sin City.

Is there a sale report somewhere. I went to their sight no info.
Nice heifer.

CAB

No OH Breeder, not that I know of. I talked to Trausch's ranch manager last week. They had a very good sale. Of coarse the $34,500.00 helped their average some. Brent

CAB

Groretska will have a real good blue roan heifer that is a full sib to Kennedy's, from Jefferson,Ia.,heifer. She is as good if not better than last year's calf. She is a Hannibal X Double Stuff. IMHO, I think that she's maybe a tick better than Trausch's heifer, but she's not as light of shade of blue. Has a white underline and the reason I think she maybe a tick better, to me she has a more maternal look to her. One of the raps that the Kennedy heifer had once in awhile was that she looked too market  like for the breeding classes. Last I heard was that they will be taking her to Louisville this fall. Brent

kane1598

I agree on the Kennedy heifer, she can look steery.  I always wondered about Vegas.  What is the structure and BW like?  I have seen some and I really like them, I just don't know if he could work on crossbred females, anyone have any advice? I was thinking about breeding him to my clubby bred cows next year, just to give them a little more purebred influence.

Dusty

kane1598 said:
I agree on the Kennedy heifer, she can look steery.  I always wondered about Vegas.  What is the structure and BW like?  I have seen some and I really like them, I just don't know if he could work on crossbred females, anyone have any advice? I was thinking about breeding him to my clubby bred cows next year, just to give them a little more purebred influence.

I wouldn't use Vegas to add purebred influence on your clubby bred cows as he is essentially a clubby just in a PB shorthorn package.  If you wanted to go back PB on your clubby females I would find a good Angus or probably Simmental bull to use.  About the best and most consistant mating I have seen out of Vegas is to use him on soggy PB Angus cows to pretty them up a little and get a nice blue roan.  As a side note Vegas can throw kind of a big head I've noticed.  Not a big deal, but it's something to notice I guess....

doubled

Kadabra – X-ray Vision heifer. Birthdate is march 25th    . She can be double registered low % maine or Chi
Also posted in the classifieds

Attachments

• kadabrax2020xray.JPG
    kadabrax2020xray.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 299