Boardwalk and Uno Mas

Help Support Steer Planet:

nck21

I e-mailed Matt Lautner about wanting to buy Boardwalk semen and he replied saying he was going to be dropping off semen at the embryo clinic five miles from our farm the following day so I met him there. He also talked me into buying Uno Mas as well. I have an idea of what I'm going to use them on, but what do you guys think of these two bulls?

cotullaguy

nck21 said:
I e-mailed Matt Lautner about wanting to buy Boardwalk semen and he replied saying he was going to be dropping off semen at the embryo clinic five miles from our farm the following day so I met him there. He also talked me into buying Uno Mas as well. I have an idea of what I'm going to use them on, but what do you guys think of these two bulls?

they "may" work but I hear walks alone is working.  ;D

sparty

I tried to order Boardwalk from my ABS rep yesterday and he told me that ABS was rejecting Boardwalk based on quality issues. Said he would put in a backorder and he might pass to meet their standards in a couple of weeks. Also told me that Headliner semen wasn't passing their standards and he is on backorder.

DakotaCow

Uno Mas should probably be utilized on a smooth shouldered longer fronted cow, probably some of your larger framed cows might be a place to use him. In denver he was pretty stout but could use some extension and grow. Got any 410 H cows? Boardwalk seemed to be a pretty genuine bull that impressed me in terms of how he handled over his hip and stifle, not only that but he should keep the front end pretty clean without being too freaky.

cowman

they "may" work but I hear walks alone is working.   ;D
[/quote]

Funniest part about this is that you only "heard" he was working.

Has anyone actually "seen" anything?????

cotullaguy

To me boardwalk does not look to have enough power. Ok to raise angus steers maybe?

shortyjock89

cowman said:
they "may" work but I hear walks alone is working.   ;D

Funniest part about this is that you only "heard" he was working.

[/quote]

Yeah. He's working.

vet tech

Shane Boysel told me that the Walks Alone calves he is having are impressive

cowman

[/quote]

Yeah. He's working.
[/quote]

This needs pictures...I'm dying to see some!  <rock>

WFCC

few threads on here are having comments about the walks alones not meeting standards? heard from a guy that his my turns are stouter than walks alone.

nck21

I also ordered My Turn, Point Taken, and Smilin Bob. We will see what works. We have a couple good Point Taken's this year, but haven't had a My Turn yet...and fingers crossed on Smilin Bob.

Show Steaks

uno mas looked good at stud.. small but good ,bigger than most of lautner bulls
one of the bulls i would potentially use.. also smoke and mirrors looked real good
walks alone looked GREAT too small for me but REALLY nice bull other than that

afhm

cotullaguy said:
To me boardwalk does not look to have enough power. Ok to raise angus steers maybe?
I saw Boardwalk back in the fall and he has more than enough power.  His rear is axe handle wide.