Bojo Heifer...What to breed to this spring?

Help Support Steer Planet:

gump

I have a Bojo heifer that I am going to retain in the herd and breed this spring.  Want to use a bull that my produce something clubby.  Was wondering what others have used on Bojo females? My concern is that since Bojo goes back to Ali...would it be wise to use an Ali son or not?  Any comments would be appreciated.  Thanks.

kfacres

I'd go angus... make a list and throw a dart at it...

doesn't matter what else she has in her pedigree.

typical question from someone wanting a great calf from a first calf gonna be dead heifer.

Shadow Hill Farm

Cut the BS said:
I'd go angus... make a list and throw a dart at it...

doesn't matter what else she has in her pedigree.

typical question from someone wanting a great calf from a first calf gonna be dead heifer.

I agree! If you are looking for something clubby from Angus The Answer is really good bull and is a calving ease bull. We had a calf out of him that was really good. Sound and solid all the way through. She did well showing too. I have been impressed with what I have seen out of him besides our heifer. Also maybe Northern Improvement. Some other good bulls would be S A V Brilliance, Bismarck and Pioneer. All calving ease and calf crops look good.

jd720

I would try Total Solution. We used Bojo on a Total Solution cow and got a really nice heifer so I would say those lines click together pretty good. Total Solution is a proven calving ease bull and Th and Pha free. You will have a better chance of getting a calf with a clubby look than with any angus bull and the calf will come just as easy.

shorthorngirl2010

After seeing Brilliance @ Damerons this spring, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest him to anybody. Super sound, big topped, roomy middled, big foot, loads of red meat, and he seemed to pass most of that on.. Northern Improvement is more than proven..

.. I guess if you don't like the idea of Angus, I think Grandmaster has proven himself in the calving ease game...