Bojo- what sort of cow does he need

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bradenh

Purchased 5 straws of bojo semen last night. I've done the searches and all but I know now a couple of years later some of you folks have gained a more broad idea of what the bull should be used on. We are feeding a bojo calf right now and love him to death but have no idea what the cow looked like.

Will he clean up a front end? Is the main question along with making one alittle deeper

DCC show cattle

Negative on the belly ghost rider and no clue on his front ends you saw the birkhead female he raised she was out of a pretty typical fronted cow, Dont think he would hurt but not necessarily help

Gargan

He must work well on Meyer cows, he has produced two promo bulls out of Meyer daughters, Bodacious and bocephus

Bradenh

Passed by your place recently! Not stalking just noticed the ranch sign

Thanks for the input by the way everyone, besides the Charolais female who needs to be prettied up alittle bit with extra hair and look we have an Infinite supply of American cows and about 4 Herefords worthy of being a.i candidates

How does he work on those abc cows if anyone knows?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    649.4 KB · Views: 182

Bulldaddy

Show stopper 95 said:
Passed by your place recently! Not stalking just noticed the ranch sign

Thanks for the input by the way everyone, besides the Charolais female who needs to be prettied up alittle bit with extra hair and look we have an Infinite supply of American cows and about 4 Herefords worthy of being a.i candidates

How does he work on those abc cows if anyone knows?

Next, come on in and I'll give you the tour.

By the way, the birth weights on the few Bojos I have had were so low that I have been tempted to use him on heifers.  Sold a Bojo heifer out of a SimAngus cow that won her class at the HOT fair last year.

HGC

We have had 14 Bojo's over the last few years.  He will add bone, muscle, hair and good disposition.  We have never had a cripple, but they can get a little straighter than ideal.  Most of them don't have that really soft look that they really like today, so make sure the cow is deep flanked.  He will help front ends just a little bit, but mostly will follow the cow.  Ours were taller than Monopoly's.

We have had the best luck breeding him to deep bodied Angus type cows that need a lot of bone and power in one generation.

Hope this helps

kndcattle

We had two bojos the other year. the heifer was knocked kneed but turned out decent. The bull was mod frame, very thick and big boned. He finished out well but was buckled over on his front legs really bad. After those two we decided not to chance him again. But this  year after seeing everyone else do well I used him on a very sound cow to test him again. His last chance on my farm then I will never use him again. Anyone else have structure issues

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Have one Bojo with her first calf that looks to make a super cow ,excellent udder and she was out of a good reg. Angus cow ....My with him is the females are better than
the male calves ....Had one friend that had seen some and commented on poor structure on front legs ,but with 10 calves  I have had had no problem with structure ..
Sold one to SP  member in Texas who planned on showing her this summer ...