Bold Statement

Help Support Steer Planet:

cdncowboy

Any experience with using Bold Statement?  Kinda always liked the bull, being he's clean also appeals to me.  Have used a little About Time, how does he compare to his sire? 

Chap

i found him to be bigger framed, nicer necked and more refined than About Time.  never had much luck with hair on him

Chap

that is actually an About Time.  I always had pretty good luck with him on stout boned maine cows.  Bold Statement's just didn't give me the same punch.

cdncowboy

Guess maybe I'll have to cross him of the list.  My experience with About Time himself, needed more bone, needed more hair and not necessarily the nicest lined cattle.  They were all really thick butted cattle with alot of grow in to them.  I felt I could of got the same type of calves using Limi semen I already had in the tank!!
Back to our ever so limited Canadian semen books, really wish the semen companies would try a little harder to get some clean genetics up here.

HCCHSS

Unless your looking for primarily black bulls, Johnny Walker Red has been working pretty good for me. And I know what you mean about limited bulls up here, it can be a real pain in the but.

cdncowboy

I've thought about him but the pedigree doesn't really work, as well as colour.  Have a few red Dr.Who's to breed, not that crazy about stacking WMW in the pedigree either and would like to breed them clean as well.

WFCC

i would strongly suggest not to use bold statement! we had 6 calves out of him one year, and every one had structure problems. didnt care for the about time calves either!

walter

I have used both bulls and I am going to use about time agian. Use him on big boned cows that have some hair. With bold statement I got color and bad structural problems. I really like my about times they sold very well.

CAB

We only have one BS cow and she has only just had her second calf, but she would rank up in the top 3 out of 60 head for us. She is soggy and great structured. She is out of a common 1/2 blood Simi cow. We kept her first calf out of Dirty Harry as a clean up bull. Her 2nd calf is about a week old out of Warrant and is stout. The only thing that I don't like about her is that she does have a high tailhead set and has curly hair, but a lot of it for a clean cow. We thought so much of her that we are breeding some BS this year hoping for females

steerjockey

I will have all of matt lautners new bulls added to the Champion Drive Genetics line-up hopefully including tiger woods who is double clean watch for updates on my website or call for info 780-288-3255

WFCC

the worst part of the bold statements was their vigor. our cows would have these calves very easily and they would just lay in a damn pile all day. pretty good sized bw also, 95-100.