Braunvieh Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mark H

Unless I have previously used an Original Braunvieh bull and knew exactly how he calved I would not use him on heifers. Original Braunvieh are known for high birth weights in line with Fleckvieh.  Plus they do not call him a heifer bull on the website.  Their are some purebred Braunvieh that are easy calving, contact a breeder to find one. 

wowcows

Consult Bob and Marylin Brink, Brink Livestock, Peidmont, KS They are the Braunvieh people that would know and be willing to help. Look them up on the Braunvieh website.

rackranch

Since your in Texas I would call Jeff at Vista Genetics or Tim at 2 bar rockin K  I was at Tim's last week looking at calves and he has a bull named Top Cut that stamped out some very nice 70lb heifers

CJC

rackranch said:
Since your in Texas I would call Jeff at Vista Genetics or Tim at 2 bar rockin K  I was at Tim's last week looking at calves and he has a bull named Top Cut that stamped out some very nice 70lb heifers

Would you happen to have a # for Vista Genetics?

rackranch

Jeff's number is 830-363-6250.. I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who knows more about Braunvieh bulls.. G-Luck

CJC said:
rackranch said:

Would you happen to have a # for Vista Genetics?

afhm

Mark H said:
Unless I have previously used an Original Braunvieh bull and knew exactly how he calved I would not use him on heifers. Original Braunvieh are known for high birth weights in line with Fleckvieh.  Plus they do not call him a heifer bull on the website.  Their are some purebred Braunvieh that are easy calving, contact a breeder to find one. 
I've calved out some & haven't noticed extreme bw's

Darkside

There are some caving ease Braunvieh bulls out there but Silverado is not one. I have had two last week one weighed 100+ the other was a heifer about 80. It depends on what color you are looking for Brown or Black. I have a caving ease bull collected if you what brown and if you want black I can point you in the right way.

Darkside Braunvieh
                                                                                                        Eric Armintrout

CJC

Darkside said:
There are some caving ease Braunvieh bulls out there but Silverado is not one. I have had two last week one weighed 100+ the other was a heifer about 80. It depends on what color you are looking for Brown or Black. I have a caving ease bull collected if you what brown and if you want black I can point you in the right way.

Darkside Braunvieh
                                                                                                         Eric Armintrout

Color does not bother me.