Breathe Easy

Help Support Steer Planet:

kwolf

What is your experience with Breathe Easy?  I have a maine heifer and cant decide if i want to breed her to Breathe Easy or I 80.  Suggestions?

dn91

I had about ten breathe easys out of char cross heifers and two i80, only pulled one of the breathe easys. The breathe easys have better growth in my opinion but maybe that's cause I only have to i80. If you want a high % Maine I'd do with i80. Before I bought these heifers I didnt care for breathe easy and I loved i80 but I'm not sure anymore I think there both great choices

kwolf

She is a Wisdom (Sooner x FJH Countess 400K) x Maine cow if this helps any.  Thanks for the input!

mark tenenbaum

kwolf said:
She is a Wisdom (Sooner x FJH Countess 400K) x Maine cow if this helps any.  Thanks for the input!Also a really good pedigree-having had a herd of cattle with the breeder of Sooners sire and alot of others-(that would be DMCC LTD Edition) and seeing alot of calves out of cattle bred ALOT like your female>the most effective bull that comes to mind based on your pedigree-all around-is DMCC Bodybuilder-easiest calver,thickest bull of any breed Ive seen-Hes Bouncers sire(lowest BW or SEcond lowest in the Maine breed)-but Frankly-HES MUCH BETTER-and alot more attractive;if in doubt-look on Diamond M Cattle Co-KS-Show steers-theres allways a couple pics of Bodybuider doners-or of his full brother-other than that-Id flip a coin-both are very good bulls JMO O0/quote]

Ohio1

Don't have much experience with breathe easy but Jason Shatto had a breathe easy out of a first calf heifer that was awful nice

ZNT

We are happy with Breathe Easy, though we have not used him a lot.  Here is a Breathe Easy heifer our of a first calf Triple X daughter.  She was born unassisted.  Not the best quality picture because I took it with my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 341