Bred Heifer Pic

Help Support Steer Planet:

tamarack

Pic of Pb shorthorn bred heifer she is my pick of home raised heifers have hopes of good broody cow. Att jit I AI her to mist return hoping for a white bull.Merry Christmas everyone

crushertown

Short horns aren't abundant where I'm from but I love there color.  Can't tell much from pic. What calving ease bull you breed her too.

tamarack

Bred her to a good calving ease bull from horseshoe creek Mist Return don't know how to post pic from other site maybe JIT will post is his bull.Here is pic of her on dam a heifer off Belmore Jackaroo an austrailian bull from Diamond Shorthorns

RyanChandler

Nice, deep bodied heifer.

Here's a pic of Mist's Return. He's out of an exceptional looking cow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 271

justintime

Thanks xbar. I was late seeing this post and appreciate you posting a pic of Mist's Return. He is the easiest calving bull we have ever used, and we used him naturally on our heifers for 4 years and in that time we assisted 1 backwards calf. He is a full Irish bull and his calving ease is mostly due to his very short gestation time. He was sired by Highfield Irish Mist and his dam is Waymar J&J Strawberry 96. I have posted a picture of her. She was 12 years old when this picture was taken.

Tamarack, is the heifer sired  by Jackaroo?  I have not used him myself, however I have heard very good things about his calves. She looks very broody and looks like she will make a great cow.

Attachments

• Waymar J&J Strawberry 96 -08.jpg
    Waymar J&J Strawberry 96 -08.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 224

mark tenenbaum

Although he probably isnt around anymore Mists Return is certainly more right for the times in the US market now-then probably at any other time.Both to club calf people lookin for a blue roan producing-ez calving bull-and the new generation (and certainly needed for a number of reasons) Red Shorthorns from bulls like Sull Payday that have a shot of the right type of maine in them-which the Irish cattle should cross with extemely well. O0

tamarack

JIT dam was  Jackaroo sired and bred to Kenlene Unique3u resulting in Roan bred heifer 16z I have a few Belmore Jackaroo sired cows and I like them this year I have some Hillside Leader heifers and bred them to Muridale Buster 2 looking forward to spring even bred some 2nd calvers to SL Rockstar.

Latest posts