Breeding Heifer Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Warrior10

What bull could I put on a very pretty and sound Chi-angus cow of mine. I just bred her to Bojo for this next spring but I have a feeling she will not throw a steer or heifer powerful enough to been shown market (if any bull can help her throw one powerfull enough it will be bojo I think) so I am already thinking for next year! What bull would throw nice breeding heifer prospects/replacement females. She is a larger framed cow with plenty of rear and depth, not a lot of hair on her or her calf this year. Would not mind sticking with something Chi or Simm.

dkttyler

I would try to find some Northern Improvment or Lutton, both clubby type pruebreed Angus bulls with style and can throw in some angus cows power.

wyatt

chill factor or ali even tho he is a heifer bull his calves grow to be pretty thick and there is a clubby bull called hairy bear he isn't to clubby he throws some good ones he sired johny walker red and crimson tide his pick is horrible tho idk why

Warrior10

Thought about Ali and Northern Improvement they are in contention. Have heard Lutton is a hit or miss with quite of few misses.

wyatt

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
Thought about Ali and Northern Improvement they are in contention. Have heard Lutton is a hit or miss with quite of few misses.
someone told me to use Ni on my heifer i just don't really care for Angus i guess