breeding question...

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

Hey :) so im breeding my Who Made Who/angus cow again....she had a super Eye Candy heifer, so i might try her back to that again, but was wonderin what you guys think....she's good fronted and sound, throws plenty of growth...prolly could use somethin to downsize a lil bit, and needs a bull that throws good rib and softness, with enough width of top/pins, and lower quarter. any ideas?

Cowgurl101

haha my thoughts exactly..i'd love to, but at $100 a straw? hmmm...guess it might be worth it....unless ya'll think he's got a son that is as good as him? idk bout the clone thing....you guys think they breed exactly the same?

McM93

I guess I did not hit the right button...My first response was that I have bred the same cow 8 times to the same bull if I liked the first one. Call it lack of creativity, but it pays the bills.  (thumbsup)

C

cornish

McM93 said:
I guess I did not hit the right button...My first response was that I have bred the same cow 8 times to the same bull if I liked the first one. Call it lack of creativity, but it pays the bills.  (thumbsup)

no, it's called don't fix what isn't broken...  something many people who chase the latest and greatest-- will never understand.

Till-Hill

Use Monopoly clone........I never breed a cow back the same way again on purpose anyway. To me it's a challenge to raise a better one. And a good cow will transmit bred to any bull. That's the fun of A.I. and the opportunity to see if your cow is a great one.

Limiman12

Till-Hill said:
Use Monopoly clone........I never breed a cow back the same way again on purpose anyway. To me it's a challenge to raise a better one. And a good cow will transmit bred to any bull. That's the fun of A.I. and the opportunity to see if your cow is a great one.

See I thought the challenge was cloning the last great one (lol)

sizzler14

i have found that usually if you have a great calf, the next year breed her a different way then comeback after that and hit her with the orginal bull and bang you have just as great calf, sometimes after you breed the cow the same way, a lot of cows calves will get worse and worse. if you want something that will downsize her, Try Believe in Me or Walks Alone. Or try Point Taken!!!!!!!!

wyatt

i herd monopoly 2 looks better than monopoly himself herd monopoly 3 had some issues

gary89

Cowgurl101 said:
Hey :) so im breeding my Who Made Who/angus cow again....she had a super Eye Candy heifer, so i might try her back to that again, but was wonderin what you guys think....she's good fronted and sound, throws plenty of growth...prolly could use somethin to downsize a lil bit, and needs a bull that throws good rib and softness, with enough width of top/pins, and lower quarter. any ideas?

Believe in me. Awesome bull.

woltemathangus

McM93 said:
Then u should flush her to one that clicks and naturally breed her different ways... If it pays the bills

RankeCattleCo

WAR-
In the future, when I have an ET program setup and more than two cows, I plan on doing this-  say I breed a second calf heifer to One and Only.  I like the calf.  She's donor quality.  The next year, I would flush to One and Only.  Say I only flush once and breed back for a natural calf.  I breed to Walks Alone.  I really like the calf.  I flush her the following year to Walks.  I'd like to get a preview of a mating for the $25-$50 stick of semen rather than the $1800 (+ or -) flush charge.  That just my opinion.

Ryan