breeding quetion

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dvrom

this is my 5 year old in focus cow and i was wondering what your opinions are for breeding her? i was looking at walks alone or bim or two tone?

Attachments

• 19 resized.jpg
    19 resized.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 238

A.I.GUY

I think you would be very pleased with the calf if you bred her to a maine bull. Like Mercedes Benz or GVC SUH or GVC Maverick bulls like that should clean up the front end pretty good add bone hair and muscle definition!

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

From the picture this cow has plenty of mass and hip! just needs to be a little cleaner in her front and pretty her up a bit! so im gonna agree with A.I. guy and go with a maine bull! i would reccomend gucci personally

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

Paddy might work too. just watch the PHA factor. as long as the cow is clean i wouldnt be scared but if shes a suspect i would stick witha clean bull, paddy also doesnt tend to clean up front ends as much from what ive seen.

Bulldaddy

I think Walks Alone may work if your cow is not too small.  We will sure make them pretty fronted  and add  bone, muscle and good hair.  My Walks Alone calves out larger cows have been very moderate in frame.

Dvrom

yeah she isnt that small of a cow. and this picture was taken of her just a week and a half after calving. and she has decently muscled calves that could use some more bone hair and of course they could use some more muscle. and she is clean.

Bulldaddy

Dvrom said:
yeah she isnt that small of a cow. and this picture was taken of her just a week and a half after calving. and she has decently muscled calves that could use some more bone hair and of course they could use some more muscle. and she is clean.
(angel)
Then I would use Walks Alone on her.  His calves are easy to sell.  I haven't sent one to the sale barn yet. 

AAOK

A.I.GUY said:
I think you would be very pleased with the calf if you bred her to a maine bull. Like Mercedes Benz or GVC SUH or GVC Maverick bulls like that should clean up the front end pretty good add bone hair and muscle definition!

Exactly what I was going to say!!

ZNT

AAOK said:
A.I.GUY said:

Exactly what I was going to say!!

I also like the Maine idea.  Though I am a big fan of GVC Suh, I would not use him to clean up front ends. 

CAB

If you are hoping for a heifer/cow, CTR Success would possibly match up well with your cow. If you are wanting steers there would be better choices.

ZNT

CAB said:
If you are hoping for a heifer/cow, CTR Success would possibly match up well with your cow. If you are wanting steers there would be better choices.
I agree withhold CTR Success. He is the foundation of much of our herd, and his females are very versatile.