Breeding Simmy shows females

Help Support Steer Planet:

John01

Breeding some simmental show heifers and cows. Combustible, Jack, Dream On cows. Any suggestions on some new bulls that would be a good fit? I'd like to use bulls that are 3/4 bloods or better. Would be a plus if I could get sexed female. I'm studying about HP Quantum Leap. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

wypeterson22

I'm still fairly new at this, but we have had good luck with WS A STEP UP, depending on the frame of your heifers/cows. I have also really been wanting to try W/C Bullseye. Both of those bulls are 50$ a straw, and are purebreds.

WinterSpringsFarm

Not really new, but hard to argue what Broker, Bandwagon, and High Regard are doing in the ring.  Step Up is another good one. Pays to Believe is making them pretty fancy as well.

What do these cows need improvement on?

John01

Ive got a bandwagon heifer that I will have to breed in the next few weeks as well. So I agree with you on the bandwagon suggestion. I AIed a few to him last year. Really pleased.  I would says the cows could be cleaner up front.

Franke

Uprising, High Regard, A Step Up I think could all be good options. I know Stepping Stone had some people very interested in him on this forum. I believe a Wide Range won the Iowa beef expo. The couple wide tracks that we have had have been really clean through that front third and plus he is a complete out cross to all of the bulls I just mentioned. Lots of options, i don't think there is a purebred or 3/4 blood bull that I have to use this year.

WinterSpringsFarm

Loaded Up makes them plenty fancy for me as well. But I've seen personally what Pays to Believe has done for cleaning up that front 3rd, and making them deep and showy.

I will be using him to flush a Steel Force this spring to make some show calves. 

He doesn't get you away from Dream On though.

HMF

I had my first bandwagon calves this spring, and the heifers are some of the best I have ever had. 

wypeterson22

CAB, are the calves out of Pay the Price, and URAbeliever fairly comparable to Pays to Believe calves?? Really like the looks of P2B, and have loved what I've seen him throw in different sales. What is your experience with the both of them? Do you prefer one over the other?

CAB

Here's what happened. I went through the Iowa bull studs EXPO weekend and ran across PTB and said that he was the best SM bull in the studs that day and really liked him. I was talking to a friend of mine that breeds some SM and sells bull juice and he said good B/C he had him in his tank to use then he asked me what I thought about his 2 full sibs which I actually knew nothing about until that question was asked then he proceeded to tell me he was going to breed to PTB and flush to the other 2 bulls B/C they were both homo polled and homo black and PTB is hetero polled and I honestly don't know about his color status other than he is black. My friend sells breeding stock if it makes a difference. So that's the jist of all of that. I can't use all of the bulls that I see and my tanks are over full. IMO PTB is one good looking bull for sure. I really don't think there is a good picture of RUABeliever anywhere yet.

sfish

Ura Believer is homo polled and homo blk, p2b is homo polled and homo blk
pay the price is scurred and hetro.  Ura Believer will sire very wide based, big footed, and soft bellied
  They will have more width then p2b.  I have never used pay the price

ccrider

Another full sib to P2B, is Pay Back.  He was the Reserve National Champion bull at the American Royal.  He is homo black and hetero polled.  His semen will be available through SEK Genetics this spring.

Attachments

• CC16-2-0477 (1).jpg
    CC16-2-0477 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 564

sfish

We had several this past spring out of URA Believer.  Very consistent.  We sold 3 half blood sons in our bull sale.  Semen is available thru schooleycattle.com

WinterSpringsFarm

Got any pics? To look at the bulls themselves I prefer P2B. But would love to see some calves of URA Believer.

Latest posts