Breeding suggestion on a MR NLC Upgrade heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

I want to use a purebred simmental sire on her and calving ease obviously, what is working well on the upgrades?

Attachments

• IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 200

Franke

Bullseye, Uno Mas, Executive Order all hot bulls right now, all calving ease, and it looks like they all keep them sound and add some body. Some options might be eliminated depending on what the cow is out of?

Simmgal

Some proven Dream On sons-
Sexed Uno Mas-get ya a heifer! Haha
Pays To Dream
In Dew Time
Built Right (pricey-If you can even find it)
Dream On (pricey)

Dream On influence depending on her breeding and how picky you are about lining up the Legacy. Personally I have an Upgrade X Dream On cow and really like the cross. Another popular AI sire out there is American Pride and he's a Upgrade X Dream On. It's worked before! Haha. Have a Make It Rain (NOT heifer safe, sexed heifer semen available though) out of her I really like. Used Westfall Voyager on her for her first calf and really liked that cross too.

Non-legacy Proven CE Bulls-
Voyager
Grandmaster
Lock N Load sons

Cut Above-not as safe as others, number wise but I've used him with good results!

3/4 Simmi Bulls on purebred cows give you purebred calves as far as registration goes. One I've been using on heifers is Wide Range. There are lots of Lock N Load sons out there that have been producing well. I have a Lock Down calf due out her this spring so I'll know more in a few months.

You've got options for days! Good luck with her!