Breeding suggestion

Help Support Steer Planet:

diioriocattle

Going to drop her off pretty soon. Anyone got any opinions? Thinking Smokin Bob, Monopoly, Solid Gold, or Walks Alone

Warrior10

diioriocattle said:
Going to drop her off pretty soon. Anyone got any opinions? Thinking Smokin Bob, Monopoly, Solid Gold, or Walks Alone
I don't know a lot about the southern markets, but I would go with Solid Gold. He seems to be doing great things, down there and maybe you get char calves. I haven't seen enough Smokin Bob's, I wouldn't be afraid to use Monopoly but that's some pricey seem to hope it works, Walks Alone will throw too much shoulder when combined with her IMO.

hntwhitetail

Solid Gold is the goto sire of the south.  If you have had her tested for TH, I'd try solid gold or gold dust. 

Cattle Cards

For heifers I'd use Jesse James.  Ain't no better.  For each one out of a first calf heifer I sold, I sold for more than her mother cost me.  Consistently easy calving, easy doing, great disposition, great hair, good moving, good all-around calves.

Smokin' Bob?  I've got nothing against him.  He's very popular down here.  But why not go to the source and use his dad, Smilin Bob?

diioriocattle

I am definitely going to breed her to WMW this fall. But flushing this spring I just cannot decide, I like what y'all think about Solid Gold, Smilin Bob seems to be good on those soggy sows guess that's why I love this game so much just so many breedings you never know what you going to come up with. MAB did pop in my head when I was admiring her front end this morning.

Cattle Cards

diioriocattle said:
I am definitely going to breed her to WMW this fall. But flushing this spring I just cannot decide, I like what y'all think about Solid Gold, Smilin Bob seems to be good on those soggy sows guess that's why I love this game so much just so many breedings you never know what you going to come up with. MAB did pop in my head when I was admiring her front end this morning.

So you do recognize the benefits of Smilin Bob.  He's done a lot without all the hype and his offspring are sought after.  Again, why go to one of them when you can go to the source.