Breeding suggestions please !

Help Support Steer Planet:

dknupp

I have a 4 year old I80 X angus cow that I would like some breeding suggestions on. Both clubby and maternal. Sorry no picture but here is a short description.  The cow does not blow you away in any one phenotype part. She is just dang solid everywhere. Very complete maternal cow that milks extremely well.  Solid lines, average bone, good feet and legs that flex,  above average hip with level pin set.  Skinny neck that sets high into shoulder.  Plenty of rib.  Just really complete.  She is obviously 50 Maine and 50 angus.  Breeding suggestions both clubby and maternal.  Thanks in advance.

Gargan

In addition, I'm hearing unstoppable is working great on a lot of i80 females (he's 50%maine also). I'm going to try second to none (also 50%) on some half Maine's. He's sure proving to be a great sire. Lots of options for maternal oriented cattle in the thread Mark listed above.
(thumbsup)

Franke

We have two All That Matters calves and are very stout. I would be weary about using him on heifers or even second calvers. Ours weren't monsters but have heard some 100+ pounders.