Breeding Suggestions Wanted

Help Support Steer Planet:

Chief

I have 2 Chi heifers I'm going to breed this spring. 1 is out of Carnac and the other out of Sunseeker. Both are out of PB Angus cows. Birthweights in the 75# range. The Carnac heifer is big and stout, Big top and hip, could use a little more front, 5.5 frame. The Sunseeker is very correct and balanced, lots of extention. Her problem is she's small. Probably will be a 49-50" cow at best. I was thinking of useing Ali clone semen on both. Biggest deal is to get a live calf up and sucking. Any other bull suggestions you might have dealing with such a small heifer. The Carnac is fine size wise. Just extention and calf out and up.

Suggestions please!!!

Chief

hardenblu2

Hey Chief, we have two chi heifers and one short horn plus that we plan to use Grizzly on. He will give us good maternal's on any heifers and still gives us a chance to get a better than average steer. I have talked to two guys that have used him and they told me to expect high 60s to mid 70s on birth weight. I haven't looked for a while but I think he is advertised at mid 70s range. good luck!