Breeding Suggestions

Help Support Steer Planet:

mainecattlemother

Thinking about ordering our semen for this year and we have a Chopper x Texas Hold Em x Dream On heifer. We took a big gamble and bred her to Dream On again. We.believe from early ultra sound that she is due for a May 2 heifer calf. We would like to breed her Simmental again. Looking for suggestions on up and coming Simmi bulls. Attached is heifers pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 292

giantpinefarm

I have a Chopper out of a Meyer 734 that I will be breeding to Flying B Cut Above. The heifers I have seen out of him have been extremely deep, sound, and have sold for a lot of money. I also am really impressed with the Uno Mas heifers I have seen and he is calving ease.

OhioKid

Really nice heifer! I agree with Uno Mas. You will get a really cool calf out of that mating and will really improve EPD's. Another bull that may work on her is Yardley High Regard if EPD's aren't a concern. From the calves I've seen, they are pretty hairy, decent thickness, and really eye appealing.

BogartBlondes

I'll say High Regard again. Also, Combustible looks like a good choice as well. If you can find Broker semen without breaking the bank, he would be another quality choice. Lots of options, that's a really nice heifer too!

CAB

From Denver SM results, I guess High Regard / Grand Master. I'm thinking that you can get sexed Gr. Master reasonably. I see also that Cattle Visions has picked up the Y1 Whirl Of A Dream bull. I think that he will be a bull to watch. JMO

parkerqb7

I like GWS Rendition and he has a low birth weight so might be good for your heifer