Breeding suggestions

Help Support Steer Planet:

jsmyers

Breeding season is coming up and I have 3 heifers I would like suggestions on, the first heifer is a Crowd favorite x Cuina Chi-maine, the second is a MAB x Northern Improvement Chi-maine, and the third is a Two tone x Showcase grand v shorthorn. I'd like to be able to register each of the calves and don't have to use the same bull on each of them. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    897 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    921.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    977.4 KB · Views: 154

Annoth

Quite a variety there! The grey girl looks real nice through her bones and body, but her hooves kinda look like they point in such a way that say her backs are bowed and her fronts are splayed (or are her claws just long?) She looks a little compact though. I'd find a nice long bull that isnt too thickly boned but still has a nice full body.

Your black looks fabulous! She looks nice and long but a bit wasty on her front. How old are they? If they are young, which they look, then she'll probably grow one but her rear looks awfully flat. I dont know if it's the darkness and angle but this one looks a tad masculine. She has some decently big bones so again, a bull that hasnt huge bones whould be a good idea.

That shorthorn though looks real cool with that color pattern  (clapping) Though her underline looks the roundest of them all. Additionally she seems tall for her volume and she too is looking compact in her body. Though her feet point perfectly forward and the topline & front + back are great! Her bone size gives her a broader options of bulls but a stout bull whould produce an excellent calf.

jsmyers

The smoke heifer is an early April calf, The black MAB is a mid March, and the Shorthorn plus is a late Feb. While the herford bull looks good I'd really like to be able to have registered calves so I'm looking at chi, maine, and shorthorn bulls.

Latest posts