Breeds of animals

Help Support Steer Planet:

what beef breed do you prefer?

• Total voters

Aussie

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Just curious, what would you say the main advantages to running Pinzgauer cattle are?
According to research done by USDA at Clay Nebrasa Pinzgauer cattle in the shear test have meat as tender as most British breed cattle way ahead of any other Euro. They make excellent cross bred cows and are very docile and easy to handle. They made great recieps when I changed to Angus because Angus were alot easier to sell.

Bradenh

we have some pinzgauer cross calves. they do really good in the real world. which many people on here forget exists

HAB

garybob said:
HAB said:
1. Galloway
2. Angus
3. Red Angus
4. Shorthorn
5. A cross with  1/2 Galloway and any or all of the above.

[/quote  I agree, so ong as it's a red or black Galloway. Even with endophyte-infected fescue and hot summers, Ol' Cecil Meek had a set of cows that were half Angus/ half Galloway, that were shaggy as Hiland cattle in January and slick as Brangus in June. Wonder what a red Galloway sire and a Dover Ranch Shorthorn dam would produce? ;) ;)

GB

A red one like this... maybe?

Attachments

• bull_solidred.jpg
    bull_solidred.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 302

loveRedcows

Red Angus
Shorthorn
Durham Red

ps:  Showqueen95, I love your quote "I'm showing what I love, and loving what I show"!  We show what we raise and raise what we love!!!

beefmasterboy24

1. Pinzgauer (cause my great great grandparents put us in the cattle business with them)
2. Shorthorn
3. Beefmaster
4. Maine-Anjou
5. Santa Gertrudis

showqueen95

ps:  Showqueen95, I love your quote "I'm showing what I love, and loving what I show"!  We show what we raise and raise what we love!!!
[/quote]
thanks!! ;D