Broker calves ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jd720

There should be a few Broker calves on the ground by now would like to know how they are turning out ? I know he probably only saw limited use due to the price but there still should be a few out there by now.

sizzler14

I have seen probably 15 in pics with videos in on line sales. cheapest one I've seen sell was for $5,000. Of the 15 I have seen, 13 have been blazes. From what I have seen from pics and videos, I really think he is a game changer. The heifers have been sooooooo good in their lines, guts for two, and for a simmy really good haired with adequate to sharp fronts. I have one coming this spring and we're flushing our Monopoly Donor to him. I think he will be around for a long time even with the price of his semen

jd720

I guess the reason I asked was that with Broker semen at $125 you are half way to the Steel Force at $250 or so. It sounds like the Brokers are doing well so probably no need to spend the extra $$.

bryan6807

Mac and Connie Smith in Kentucky have a Broker bull calf on the ground. He is the best I have ever seen of any breed. only 70 days old and Genex wants him

bryan6807

I would suggest you see the calf in person. Too many people request pics and then tear the animal apart or the persons opinion of the calf because the photos are not professional quality. this is the only snapshot i have. not a good pic. this calf is worth the trip as well as the unstoppable heifer they have out of their Jazee donor.

Attachments

• rsz_001.jpg
    rsz_001.jpg
    731.4 KB · Views: 335

Clubby24

I understand it's a poor pic, but there are wayyyy better Brokers.

bryan6807

The cow is a Legacy i believe. She was a division champion in denver as a heifer. Clubby24, take time to check this calf out in person.

firesweepranch

Thought I would chime in. Our Broker is now 60 days old, and still looking pretty good. He is a Broker x TNC Sweet Dreams, Tommy Cline's donor cow. He has a white belly, so his depth does not show well in this pic. But if you look at his sheath (and the hair), you see how deep he really is.

Attachments

• Olaf.jpg
    Olaf.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 583

dknupp

Here is one of my 3 Broker calves at 2 weeks old....He will probably turn out to be the 3rd in line out of 3.  2 bulls and a heifer.  They are really good!  My three Brokers are all flushmates, so I can only comment on how he worked on one particular cow.  These calves would be 3/4 Simmy 1/4 Angus.

Simnetix

The calves are certainly not any better than that of $30-50/unit bulls.  This simmi thing is hot, but seems the higher priced the semen the more they sell.    That being said, we did sample him with average results.  Most were et's, some are stout n moderate and some are apes. 
Broker is the result of a 7 frame cow and a 5 frame bull and inconsistency is inevitable.  And there are more than enough red's out of black cows.  Plus bull calves are all salebarn steers. 

Synopsis, not a bad bull, just no way I'd pay $125 or even half that for Broker.  Not like there's a shortage of Steel Force sons.

nmcattle

Any other thoughts on Broker calves? Sounds like mixed results. Is he as good as expected? What other simmy bulls are out producing him at a more reasonable cost? Combustible?

Biomurph

We have 3 heifers and one bull (steer) calf out of Broker.  They all came with higher birth weights (100-115) but no calving issues.  So far the heifers all look good, real good.  Of our calf crop (14 calves), the 3 heifers are probably our top 3 or 4 this year (we have a pretty nice Wide Track heifer but the diluter gene reared its ugly head).  We never spent anywhere near that much on semen before and we were very skeptical but bought some on the advice of others.  We are extremely happy with the results.  I will try to get some pics later.  Note:  Broker will throw some chrome.  We like it but not everyone does.
Modify message