broolen dewclaw

Help Support Steer Planet:

25xmg

We were at the Appleton jackpot this weekend and our show calf brook a dewclaw getting out of the trailer. We also noticed he has a white ring around top of hoof. He  has clear/ black mixed hoof, he's a black and white Maine/Angus cross.  Our question is , is he low on something?, is there a supplement we should be giving him and will the dewclaw  grow back?

flacowman

If her only chipped off a little bit it should grow back fine, If he tore it off completely then it's doubtful.  A pic of the hoof would help in assessing what he may or may not be missing, I have seen cattle that had a white line naturally but it could also be a deficiency in I believe selenium, don't hold me to that, i'll go look in my old textbooks and try to find it

nobody

We had a pb simmi with a black/white mixed hoof jump the fence and tear a dewclaw one time.  The dewclaw wasn't completely ripped off  just barley hanging on.  The vet put something on it that was  like glue and wrapped it and it did grow back but it took  a long time.  While it was growing back the hoof would look rough.  She's is fine now. Hope this helps...good luck.

rarebirdz

had a heifer get stepped on and it riped her dew claw and damaged the coronary band she lost both the dew claw and the clove, after about 6 months she has regrown her declaw and the clove was almost of a use to her.  Now at 3 (year n a half later) you would never no she ever had a problem.

Latest posts