Bucket Heaters before fitting

Help Support Steer Planet:

hairball

Dad tells me im dumb for packing the bucket heater in the show box for louisville. I tell him that when you heat the water up and drop your glue, it thaws out and works lot beter. Hes big on "if no one else uses it im not either." So heres my question for you. I need ne one that uses one to post to this thread and tell me about why you like it, so i can prove im not stupid. Thansk a bunch.

ferkj

We generally use the bucket heater for warmin the glue if the air temp is below 60.  It just makes your spray so much more even when you warm it.  Just be sure the heater doesn't come in direct contact with the can coz it will send it shy high. (Speaking from personal expierience).

bruiser

Tell Dad you won't be the only ones if it's cold. I usually take a feed pan and heat the water first then put cans in . The feed pan is less likely to tip over. Also keep a towel handy wet hands on a cold day and you know the rest of the story. Good luck at Louisville.

simmyman67

I would if I were you. Better to be prepared than not be able to use adhesives.

Steve123

Heat lamp is safer, I don't know what it is about warm water and cold cans but it can really make them blow-up.

The Show

If its cold there will be lots of people using them. You have to be careful about not letting them touch the heater and blow up. At fort worth it's against the rules to "heat" adhesives, paints, etc... because of safety reasons.

ba

furinsilex said:
We sure do if its above like 80 we put them on ice and if it is below like 60 we heat them

I am pretty much the same opinion Glue drys faster and goes on smooth. I will have one going down there.

johnmetzger

They work really well to use the warm water to pump cattle. Or was I not suppose to write that.

twistedhshowstock

You can use it...I generally put mine in and get the water hot then put the cans in...I also try to make sure my cans dont get real cold to begin with...like I will put em in a duffle bag and take them with me...if you can prevent putting a really cold can in hot water then it lowers the risk of one exploding...and as said dont let it come in contact with the heater itself because it will go sky high...also try heating some water and cooking your beat pulp with it in a cooler before mixing your feed...when it gets real cold they will chow down on that warm feed.

chiangus

Oh dad is just being a bit conserative - nothing wrong with a bucket heater to get things loosend up.

justintime

I know it is a common practice but I have seen what happens when the water gets too hot. Several years ago at Denver, a full pail of adhesive cans expoded and ity caused quite a commotion. It was show day for a couple breeds and the barns were packed with people. When the cans exploded it sounded like a bomb going off and it was amazing someone wasn't trampled, as everyone started to run out of the building. People in the yards said it definitely sounded like a bomb. Two people had to be taken to hospital with hot glue in their eyes. I saw the pail in which the cans had been in and it was completely destroyed.  So, I would suggest that if you use a pail heater, that you keep a close eye on it and not allow the water to get too hot.