Bull opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

thunderdownunder

Shorthorn breeders...

What are your opinions on Eionmor Mr Gus 80C and Eionmor Masterpiece 36K? I'm considering getting some semen from an upcoming dispersal sale and interested to hear your thoughts...

(Both bulls have worked well for breeders that have used them here)

Okotoks

Personally I like the Eionmor Mr Gus 80C better. I guess if you were looking growth you might use 36K. 80C should work well on bloodlines carrying the North American influence as well as on Australian bred cattle. I just think 80C does a lot of things right.

AG TEACHER

I think 80c got used alot more.. Have seen some good heifers. but good heifers are easy to produce.. its good bulls that are hard!

Okotoks

AG TEACHER said:
I think 80c got used alot more.. Have seen some good heifers. but good heifers are easy to produce.. its good bulls that are hard!
I know he has left a lot of good females but there have been some great breeding sons. Here are a few and I am sure I missed a lot. Some of the bulls on this list have sons that have bred very well.
EIONMOR HIGHLANDER 37F
EIONMOR HIGHLANDER 70G
GLENFORD GUS 4H
EIONMOR HIGHLANDER 39J
EIONMOR HIGHLANDER 86J
EIONMOR HIGHLANDER 68K
TM GUS 36S
STUDER’S PRETNEDER 96th
Here are three grandsons of Eionmor Mr Gus 80C9( all sired by different sons). The first one was used at Eionmor, the second at Kaper's and the 3rd first at Butterfield's and now at Horseshoe Creek and Anwender's.

Attachments

• Eionmor Highlander 90P..jpg
    Eionmor Highlander 90P..jpg
    125 KB · Views: 192
  • Eionmor Port-o-Call.jpg
    Eionmor Port-o-Call.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Star P Matrix 4N.jpg
    Star P Matrix 4N.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 352

thunderdownunder

Yeah I have to admit, I am leaning more towards 80C- figures wise he has a lot more going for him. Both bulls have very high accuracies here, and 36K has a very high birthweight - and growth too of course. He's a +7.2, and our average is +3.

Mind you, if it was Ultra 8C... I wouldn't even have to think about it!

Just interesting to see what they may have done over your way!