Bull Opinions:

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

Ryan
Based on what I know about your young shorthorn cow herd.... I say either  buy a mature cow herd  and this bull and sell show heifers sired by this bull.... or look for a different bull that will work on such a immature shorthorn cow base

shortdawg

Doc said:
I've seen the bull in person in person & he is what you see.  The Martins are super good people & real knowleagable cattlemen. Their cattle are usually at the top of the sales they are in , because they are in demand. Their cattle work for commercial & purebred breeders alike.

Good people who raise good cattle - nice bull !

Doc

sue said:
Ryan
Based on what I know about your young shorthorn cow herd.... I say either  buy a mature cow herd  and this bull and sell show heifers sired by this bull.... or look for a different bull that will work on such a immature shorthorn cow base

Sue , if you are saying that all this bull will sire is show heifers I think you are way wrong. I think that he is very capable of siring show heifers, but with the cows and cow families behind him they should go on and turn into some very productive cows. I know that you travel a lot to visit cow herds, Martindell Shorthorns is a herd you should visit. They have cow herd that has & will impress a lot of people. The cattle are not pampered either, they have too many to pamper. The cattle they produce must be doing something right as being they support 2 families. Once again IMO there are a lot of good cattle out there that will earn an positive income for their owners that aren't solid red & a 5 frame.

RyanChandler

mark tenenbaum said:
This bull is a son of a full sib to Final Solution-who is NOT AN EASY CALVER-but throws a great look:I had a Final Solution out of a 0 BW 10 year old cow that was 18 pounds heavier than anything she ever had-but he was also the best-including a hiefer who was the "class dwarf at the National show"but stood second as a calf,and was an All Amer Honoree etc.Long and Short-Whatever Martins tell you overall ,and on the cow side IS WHAT IT IS. They are the straightest shooters you will find,and certainly one of the most consistent quality herds in the breed-in a vey tough location for Shorthorns. I also think the DMCC Enticer bull pictured is the best bull they have had since Durango:maybe the dest ever.I dont for the life of me understand why they dont put him on Cattle Visions and SEK. ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD USE HIM-NOT JUST SHORTHORN PEOPLE.There are alot ofclub and commercial guys-who would use him roan or not,because of his performance-and CE-whch I talk about all the time-MY broken record cattle O0
What do you see in Enticer that you don't in The Answer? 

Okotoks

DMCC ENTICER 9E  MA23141
He's a purebred Maine Anjou, so if I used him I would just get half bloods. I know the infusion of Maine works for a lot of Shorthorn breeders but there is a Maine Anjou registry ???

PDJ

Okotoks said:
DMCC ENTICER 9E  MA23141
He's a purebred Maine Anjou, so if I used him I would just get half bloods. I know the infusion of Maine works for a lot of Shorthorn breeders but there is a Maine Anjou registry ???
Okotoks, DMCC ENTICER 9E is the sire of the ENTICER bull pictured, meaning he would be 3/4 in Canada, 7/8 in the US.

Latest posts