Bulls for 2011

Help Support Steer Planet:

WIshowgirl

Okay, here is the thing. We have purebred Angus cows and want to get some colored calves, whether they have a white face or are smokey.
What bulls throw good calves and that we might have a chance of getting some color on the calves.

A couple I saw, just wondering if anyone had heard anything about them:  Young Money (Trausch Farm), White Noise (Trausch Farm), Long Time Coming (Top Sires), Bodacious (Top Sires).

I was also looking at Shorthorn bulls, would they give us some color? Such as: Sin City, Phildon Get Serious, Salute, etc. 

tipmover

I really like long time coming, good maternal genetics.  We had a good purebred angus cow bred to naughty pine and we got a red calf.  Any heat wave genetics you have a chance to get color.  Don't waste your time on shorthorns.  Another is Captain Morgan, i have a good smokey steer out of him.  So there are some options.  Good luck.

AKTcattle

We just bred my angus cow to the Simmi bull Chopper. I have heard a lot of good things about this bull and saw some really great calves in Griswold's sale. He is also a baldy so he should throw some color!

Bradenh

ive seen many white noise calves. and seen the bull in person at a sale. he and his calves are not something i would ever want to reccomend to you. im stopping at that but my reccomendation is dont do it. . . captian morgan is by FAR the best up and coming bull, we have an orange calf out of him that i absolutley love (biggest fault with the calf is that he belongs to my brother not me). carpe diem could throw some color on them also

Latest posts