Bulls not so well known.

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Great minds and all....I like the pedigree, love me some Habenero. Wish he was clean and I would use him on some carrier shorthorns. I got a couple 2nd calvers that I may use him on. Also wish he was horned, I think horned cattle are naturally thicker.

KSanburg

I'm pretty sure 90 Proof was promoted in Denver last year, he was not in his display when I stopped by, and I have not looked to see if there is a video on cattle.com.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
FROSTBACK ---Funny you brought up horns and thickness ,the Charolais hae both and weree a horned breed and we have a neighbor that has used horned Charolais for quite a few years,the dad that has passed away always said the Horned cattle had more meat ,bone and growth
than the polled cattle and drivess quite a few miles looking for the good horned ones....Most of my cattle are polled but  just over the line and thats where I plan to keep them ...

mark tenenbaum

Gargan said:
Quick fire said:
The bloodlines on that No Surpise bull are very good. There is a heifer on lautners blog that would be a full sib in blood to him, i think, that Soehnlen put up. I think he's a member on here? The granddam to no surprise is a awesome producing char cow.
Wrc (a fellow steerplaneteer)  and I own a full sib flush mate to no surprise. Wrc raised her and sold me 1/2 interest and full possession of her. Legally blonde has made some good ones over the years and we're hoping she will too. No surprise should have some calves coming soon
/////// HEY GARGAN I WANTA SEE HER-HOW OLSD IS SHE??? I AINT THAT FAR UP THE ROAD O0 O0 O0 O0 <beer>

Gargan

mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:
Quick fire said:
The bloodlines on that No Surpise bull are very good. There is a heifer on lautners blog that would be a full sib in blood to him, i think, that Soehnlen put up. I think he's a member on here? The granddam to no surprise is a awesome producing char cow.
Wrc (a fellow steerplaneteer)  and I own a full sib flush mate to no surprise. Wrc raised her and sold me 1/2 interest and full possession of her. Legally blonde has made some good ones over the years and we're hoping she will too. No surprise should have some calves coming soon
/////// HEY GARGAN I WANTA SEE HER-HOW OLSD IS SHE??? I AINT THAT FAR UP THE ROAD O0 O0 O0 O0 <beer>

she just turned a yearling this fall mark. come down in may and take a look at some calves and her  <beer>

KSanburg

Freddy said:
FROSTBACK ---Funny you brought up horns and thickness ,the Charolais hae both and weree a horned breed and we have a neighbor that has used horned Charolais for quite a few years,the dad that has passed away always said the Horned cattle had more meat ,bone and growth
than the polled cattle and drivess quite a few miles looking for the good horned ones....Most of my cattle are polled but  just over the line and thats where I plan to keep them ...

Rule of thumb is horned cattle are generally better or more complete, polled is one of the oldest genetic defects that was highly selected for, because of the selection of polled gene the pool for selection was smaller and back a hundred years ago breeders were not as critical as some are today. I know several Herf, Char, and Gelbvieh breeders that swear they would rather have horned genetics.

kkomma

I'm glad someone else has noticed this No Surprise bull. I've been contemplating using him this Spring, he's one of the few bulls with a video walking. I plan on breeding him to 5 or 10 head. Why hasn't he been heavily promoted?