Bulls To breed to

Help Support Steer Planet:

PAshowman

I have a Heatwave1 X Angus  ET heifer and also just an Angus influenced heifer getting ready to breed in May. Would like to see what you guys would breed them to and ALSO just to hear what are the no brainer bulls to get semen on. BESIDES HEATEWAVE.

OH Breeder

Key word for me is HEIFERS. I would never use Heat Wave on heifers.
Consistent calving ease bulls like Northern Improvement, OCC Legend and SS Traveler T510 come to mind. OCC Missing LInk is gaining some ground for calving ease. Lots of options for Red Angus as well. I am not a fan of using clubbies for calving ease. I did see some Tiny Tim's that were consistent and small.

FBF

I would use DJ Salution, or another calving ease Simmy.  The calf will come easy (watch out for the heatwave background on the heifers side).

Total Salution would be another choice.  Also there is a new calving ease Maine bull called DJ Delivery coming out.  He looks really cool and has a 70lb bw.

PAshowman

Yea i mostly want to remain in the clubby bulls. There are some good maine bulls that are known for calving ease. I just didn't know if DJ Salution would put enough power in the calves especially out of my highly influenced common angus heifer. Any other thoughts are well appreciated by you guys. Thanks