Bushy Park Herd Reduction Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

PRO

I just saw that BPF was having a mature cow sale along with their regular October sale.  The ad showed most of their proven donors for sale.  Are they shifting gears?  It seemed strange to me to sell that many donors............Donors that are the matrons of bulls in stud.  Any opinions?

afhm

A lot of those donors are probably getting some age on them.  They probably have plenty of eggs in the tank and are trying to cash in on them while there is still market value to them. JMHO

Show Heifer

I'm a bit skeptical when I see/hear stuff now...... since that post from a while back about some TX farm "selling out" and then just dumping cattle that never showed up to sell..... 

But, I would agree that they are probably cashing in while the hype is still going.

chambero

Show Heifer said:
I'm a bit skeptical when I see/hear stuff now...... since that post from a while back about some TX farm "selling out" and then just dumping cattle that never showed up to sell..... 

I'm always skeptical of dispersal sales, but the TX farm you are referring to was nothing like these kind of advertised dispersal sales.  I don't really know the people involved at all, but they never advertised anything at all on their own and were apparently getting rid of old cows at the sale barn.  Someone on this website tried to help them out by posting a note about it here. 

knabe

every sale by definition is a dispersal sale.

look up dispersal in the dictionary.  revolves around moving from one place to another.