Buy Now feature on Private Treaty Bid off Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

nelpoby

After visiting with all the people that showed up to look at calves, I am wondering what everyone thinks about offering a "BUY IT NOW" feature like you see on EBAY to my private treaty bidoff auction.  You have buyers that what to purchase the animals when they come to look.  I think it is always better to offer more option to your buyers in order to meet their wants and desires.  What's everyone else opinion?

6M Ranch

I think you either have an auction, or sell them for a set price.  Not a combination.  I like to visit several breeders, then make my decision.  I don't want to have to decide on the spot because someone else may buy them first. 

Chap

i dig it!!!!  great idea.    Some people don't like the whole bidding process , give them an option on some of the better calves

Jill

I think it's a great idea, I hate the bid off process and I generally know what I will pay for one so if the calf fits in my price I would rather just get it bought and not have to worry about it for days or weeks.

cpubarn

Sign me up!

It gives the buyer a little more power, but beware as it will get people out earlier, I think it would work best on the mid range calves. 

One of the people who we visit every year had all calves priced on Sept 4th this year, with no bid off.  He would take whats left to a club calf auction.  We wanted to look a little first, so didn't buy, he called me and told me that all his heifers were sold by the 2-3rd day.  I would have liked to talk my son into that very nice and affordable heifer, once he learned the great one was already at $8250.

Mark