Calf pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

misty

Here are some pictures of our first club calves.  The first is a heatwave out of a maine angus cow almost 2 months old, next is a sitz angus out of a maine heifer 2 1/2
months old, last is a Northern Improvement out of a Dr Who angus heifer 3 months old.  All opinions welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0955_1_5_1.JPG
    IMG_0955_1_5_1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0963_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0963_1_1_1.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_0950_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0950_1_1.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 630

misty

I see lots of people have looked at the pictures but no comments. I was hoping for some sort of feed back as this is our first year.  We are wanting to sell the calves as
county fair projects.  Have high hopes for the heatwave steer.

carl s.

The first one has potential, I'd call him an average county fair calf at this point.

The second two appear to be feeder calves at this time.

beefy08

I like the looks of the first one. The second two seem average. If you can't sell them as club calves, see if there is a fair in your area that has a carcass show and look for potential customers there. But is you want to feed them out yourself that would work too. Gotta love options.  ;D

misty

Thank you for your opinions.  We are probably going to feed out the second steer ourselves he's not the greatest right now.
  He's out of a heifer that didn't take AI so we put her in with the neighbors "heifer" bulls had a pretty hard pull to get him out.
He was big and dumb still not too bright.