calf shopping

Help Support Steer Planet:

afhm

For those of you who have been able to go out looking around, what are you seeing?  What sires seem to be doing the best job on what type of cows?  What are the total busts that didn't live up to all the hype.

grandchamp58

i saw some REALLY REALLY nice Walks Alone calves today. There wasn't a bad one in the bunch.

DakotaCow

Looked at over 300 head the last day and a half, Fabers had a pair of nice char heifers out of interstate and a very good hw steer. Most of the walks calves are very stout but they can get piecey in a hurry, though weavers have two heifers that are quite good. If the baldie gets big enough she will be fun. Dodds has a couple very good unstoppable calves. Every place we went had a ton of monopoly calves.....some were nice but so many were puds it's not not even funny. The Bojo simmy deal still works also. For all the I80 calves there are I only saw one really good one, the rest seem to be pretty plain.

clubcalve

The few Bojos I have seen have been GOOD. Some interesting Boardwalk calves too. The Walks Alone calves have been all over the place for me, some are real good and some have issues. I have seen some super Yellow Jacket Calves, it will be interesting to see what they do next summer. Also saw a couple heifers and a steer out of playboy that were eye catchers.

clubcalve

The two heifers I saw should go on to make some great cows. The steer was super stout and looked like he should keep it all together.

vet tech

Walks alone, believe in me, walks alone, monopoly, heat wave

Gargan

Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:

that black walks alone calf of yours is for real!! looks like a big time state fair steer. where are u selling him or are u gonna feed him?

breyfarm

Anybody know anything about Bold Manuver? I never heard of him and jason shatto has some nice lookin calves out of him up for auction on breedersworld

Quello

worthabit said:
Anybody seeing Amen or Anarchy calves?

My son just purchased an Amen steer out of a Who made Who cow and he is freakin awesome! 

Diamond

How about the bodacious? I really like my first calf monopoly cows, they have been by far my best maintaining and milking of our clubby herd..

furinsilex

worthabit said:
Anybody seeing Amen or Anarchy calves?
Bought a cow bred to Amen had high hopes and was really dissapointed.  Everyone i have talked to said the same thing we experienced, they are just calves to plain never get a real good one. 

Oneida

redirtroad said:
Anybody know anything about Bold Manuver? I never heard of him and jason shatto has some nice lookin calves out of him up for auction on breedersworld

Bold Maneuver is an Eye Candy son bred by Bobby Wellner. He is owned with Steve Welling of Welling Cattle Company in Fielding, UT. He has a  web site on Show Steers. His contact info is on there. I looked at the lo 24 calf earlier this summer. That was enough to convince me to try some next spring.

TYD

Gargan said:
Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:

that black walks alone calf of yours is for real!! looks like a big time state fair steer. where are u selling him or are u gonna feed him?

Hope Soehnlen Cattle does not mind me replying for him but I got to see the calf your talking about this weekend and it's selling on breeders world on sept 26th