calving?

Help Support Steer Planet:

irh

I'am scared to go too the barn, we are having the year from hell. Two britch births, one dead  calve. one c-section, calf won't suck so we are tubing him.  I hate years like this, my husband said, it all stems from the bad summer we had last year.  I believe he could be right.

irh

New calving ease  bull (Torrington) we had vet out c-section calve died.  Hard pull on 4 year old Ali, calve was Monoploy 2, calve won't drink so we are tubing him, probably won't  make it.  Yesterday another britch birth out of a 5 year old Who Da Man cow,  Calve is 1-80 (nice calve though).    At least as of now we have 3 nice calves out of 5.  We have 6 more to calve, just hope we don't have anymore bricth births or c-sections.  It was just me and the vet, all my guys was at work over an hour or so away.

maineanjou87

Hope it gets better for you this year i had a year similar to this last year first calf had a hard birth and wouldnt nurse had to tube it and it didnt make it the next 2 cows both had sets of twins one set breach other set turned head vet couldnt save either set luckily it got better after that and we didnt lose anymore but outa the first 3 cows that calved we lost 5 calves.

irh

Thanks,  Everyone has their problems when we bred for the clubby cattle, but it is worth it when you get a good one, we have 3 really nice calves, though.