cannot control a stubborn cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

Belties R Us

she is just pushy and big so you cant push her back easily. we have tried tying her up and pulling behind a tractor. Any other suggestions?

knabe

work with her when you don't need to work with her and observe more and listen.  i find a lot of similarities in stubborn females. after you figure out what you did wrong, they are pretty nice.

ROAD WARRIOR

knabe said:
work with her when you don't need to work with her and observe more and listen.  i find a lot of similarities in stubborn females. after you figure out what you did wrong, they are pretty nice.

(Laughing hysterically!) Knabe - That may be the best post you have ever made ( or atleast one that I understood!) RW

Show Heifer

knabe said:

At least you finally admitted that the MAN is usually the problem!!!  (clapping) (clapping)

deedub

wen we have one we tie her head way up and let her jerk and thrash and in a day or two they are calm  :)

vc

A dozen roses and let her thank she is right, She should be more cooperative.

knabe

Show Heifer said:
knabe said:

At least you finally admitted that the MAN is usually the problem!!!  (clapping) (clapping)

ok, here's the killer.  when MAN is not the problem, are we still the problem?  if not, any suggestions?

GoWyo

Six words to make life easier:  "I'm sorry, it's all my fault."  Take ownership even if it isn't yours.  The question of whether it is a man's fault is irrelevant.  There is only one remedy once the wreck occurs.  Say it with me, "I'm sorry, it's all my fault."  However, do not say this if divorce is already imminent and a tape recorder could be running somewhere because it will adversely affect property settlement and child visitation rights. (argue)

LittleHeifer

do not let her think she is right. That tends to make the cattle worse. just work with her. go out in her pen and just play with her and pet her. I have taught my cow to back and she knows that if she starts being pushy I am gonna back her till she stops. you can also put your halter lead behind you so if she starts getting pushy you can sit back and make her stop. my heifer was the same way but after alot of work she is alot better however she is a heifer and acts up. you just have to let her know you are the boss. talk to her with an authorative voice the way you would talk to a misbehaving child. hope tihis helps
little heifer (angel)