Can't wait till fall.

Help Support Steer Planet:

FutureBreeder2013

Ive already started to check over my bow, arrows, broadheads, camo. calls, ect. Along with reading every article i can find about pre rut tactics.

<chill> Im going to need a few of these until season opens lol

chambero

Just got home from a week in Wyoming, half of which was spent scouting out hunting spots for this fall and future years.

deedub

only one more month till our doe season starts caint wait to run a swhacker broadhead thru a big doe

GoWyo

Archery elk opens here Sept 1, so it's time to get my bow out and start shooting and getting into shape.  (thumbsup)

FutureBreeder2013

Went to go practice this afternon and found out I grew a little since last year lol

I sure hope my draw lengths not maxed out or Im going to have one bad bow season.

wrc

I stay ready for deer season all year long!  We are over run with hogs and see more of them than deer so this weekend I bought me a lever action 450 Marlin for up close hog hunting in the brush. I don't think they will go far after getting hit with on of those 325 grain bullets.  During bow season I use my Blackwidow recurve on em.

Attachments

• wade hog.jpg
    wade hog.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 584

deedub

wrc said:
I stay ready for deer season all year long!  We are over run with hogs and see more of them than deer so this weekend I bought me a lever action 450 Marlin for up close hog hunting in the brush. I don't think they will go far after getting hit with on of those 325 grain bullets.  During bow season I use my Blackwidow recurve on em.
you need any help exterminating a fiew hogs lol

chambero

What did your pig weigh?  This one weighed right at 350 and I killed him with about a dozen shots from a 22-250 and one from a pickup bumper when he decided to charge the truck after the first method had him good and ticked off.

Deer photo is a typical free-running whitail on our place.

Attachments

• RWC Pig.jpg
    RWC Pig.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 529
  • 06 Whitetail 2.jpg
    06 Whitetail 2.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 529

coachmac

Congrats on the hogs!  Been flingin a couple of arrows here as well.  Cant wait till season! 

PowersCattle

Anybody ever thought of swaping farms to hunt?  Kind of like a guided deal but without a professional.  I would love to do some elk hunting with a bow.  I have some pretty good whitetail country in Ohio and would be interested in a swap.  <beer>

jlingle

If anybody is interested in a spring turkey hunt, I'd swap for sure.  I've got the mother of all turkey hunting spots.  It's terrific for youth hunters or parent/youth combos.  We have so many birds, it's a little insane.  My dad sold my deer hunting property a few months ago.  I'm hosed on deer. :mad:

wrc

Yes we do eat the hogs unless its a big boar like the one chambero killed.  I doubt there would be much of a market to sell the meat from a wild hog and they don't have as much meat as a market hog.  They aren't too bad tasting it just all depends on what they've been eating.  They can have 3 litters a year and average 6 piglets per litter. They don't have many natural predators where we live so they are multiplying like crazy.    Chambero,  the 1 in my picture wasn't anywhere close to the size of yours.

BCCC

Thats what I was wondering. I couldn't imagine eating one of those big ole boars. In domestic hogs, no one eats boars their meat is horrid. Didn't know if wild boars were any different or not.

trevorgreycattleco

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACON!!!!!!!

Chambero 12 shots!!??? That must have been one tough ol hog or the beer was tasting good and the aim was not that accurate. That is a big dude! I have a 22-250 as well and I know what it does to a groundhog and coyote. 12 shots, I love it. I'm still laughing. Thanks for the smile, I needed it.