Carhartt "hands" commercials - what a joke

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

garybob said:
Welcome to free trade, and, a global economy....Let's have some positive discussion, both sides of the debate, please. And leave racism out. By the way, PLEASE SPELL CORRECTLY. If we want the nonagricultural person to take us serioulsly, we need to be able to communicate effectively.

That being said, I must refrain from referring to a group of esteemed individuals such as yourselves as " Y'uns".

;)GB

I sure don't see how anyone is turning this into a racist discussion. As far as SPELLING goes , you don't need to be casting any stones. Look at how you spelled " seriously" above. Before you hit post , go two keys over & hit spell check. Pretty easy.

garybob

Doc said:
garybob said:
Welcome to free trade, and, a global economy....Let's have some positive discussion, both sides of the debate, please. And leave racism out. By the way, PLEASE SPELL CORRECTLY. If we want the nonagricultural person to take us serioulsly, we need to be able to communicate effectively.

That being said, I must refrain from referring to a group of esteemed individuals such as yourselves as " Y'uns".

;)GB

I sure don't see how anyone is turning this into a racist discussion. As far as SPELLING goes , you don't need to be casting any stones. Look at how you spelled " seriously" above. Before you hit post , go two keys over & hit spell check. Pretty easy.
Just being pre-emptive......

jason

The spell check button is right down at the bottom of a new post.  Right next to where you click post.

ZNT

The basis to trade is what a person or country has to offer. The US exports a lot of products based on the resources we have. Grain, beef, coal, and taconite are some of our major exports. We used to be the front runner in information and technology, but our education systems is failing to keep our children up with other countries. Other countries have people as a resource. We may have high unemployment as a percentage, but we do not have a population of a billion to provide jobs for.

Like Chambero said, unless you are willing to pay a LOT more for products, or get paid a lot less at your job, then you better content with trading resources with these countries, and you better make sure your children are getting an education that keeps up with the world, and not just to the bare minimum of some standardized test.

nate53

I agree ZNT!

Maybe Knabe was right we need to cut next to all subsidies out and see where the value of products go?

Is there a chain or individual stores that strictly sale 100%  U.S. and Canada made products?  If not why not?

Trade has to be a two way street for it to last, and preferably trading what the other needs instead of just favors.

The american consumer constantly wants more quantity for less and companies try to give it to them (resutls in inconsistent quality and cut or export jobs). 

Nearly 25% of the nations highscool students dropout.  No work ethic, no thinking of their own future or others.  Part of the problem is the schools  but most of the problem is at home where the parents are not teaching and leading by example (good examples not bad ones).  IMO

brick hollow

Just how I see things. First of all, I feel that we aren't doing our children any favors by using some standardized test. Some people in education keep trying to reinvent the wheel. They think that every student in the public school system needs to go to college. This has never and will never happen! No matter how they try to spin this. There are going to be all levels of students. Some will be high, some will be low, some will be in the middle. I am certainly not against higher education but I believe it is not for everyone. Secondly, our teachers are now put in a situation where they are expected to manage a classroom without corporal punishment. ( tough to do when there isn't any structure at home. ) Third, I don't by the nonsense about these other countries being light years ahead of us in regard to education. Think about this, we are one of the only countries that educate the entire population. Other countries educate only the select few. Sorry for the rant!

bobcat

I have been a Carhartt retailer for the last 15 years reg. retail and the worldwide web, Carhartt had union made products up till 2 years ago, we offered it in the store and on our web site, the jeans were $2 more bibs and jackets about $5 more,the problem ,in selling over a million dollars of Carhartt  a year,not even a thousand dollars  worth of union made was sold.
I find people TALK a good game but when it's time to buy 99.9% will buy the lesser expensive, It's not Carhartts fault (It's FAIR Trade passed by both Democrats and Republicans pushed by big campaign payoffs, the biggest WALMART and PROCTOR AND GAMBEL.
As a company if given a choice to obied by the US regulations, or No regulations in China virtually no wages, no health insurance, you can pollute, no unions, you would have to be nuts to manufacture in the US.
You should direct your blame to your pollutions and the big business that contribute millions to their campaign so they can get what they want,like NAFTA and KAFTA and union people who do not demand union made items,You know!! they get union wages and shop at WALMART.

Open to the World

One thing about the FFA jackets.....you have the choice of purchasing US made jackets, but they cost $15.00 more.  It just costs so much to do here.

chiangus

Open to the World said:
One thing about the FFA jackets.....you have the choice of purchasing US made jackets, but they cost $15.00 more.  It just costs so much to do here.

Isn't it sad.  I am all about fair wages, but you can't compete when other countries don't have the labor restrictions. 

If the US is to remain the #1 superpower, we need to rely less on foreign countries for goods.

Show Dad

As a country we have taken on the worst of the worst for well over a century. And Won! Fascism and communism were defeated by freedom and capitalism. We were not hindered by over regulation and political correctness but sought out excellence, both moral and industrial, to defeat our enemies.

Today we face our most formidable fore ever. One that knows us better than any before. They know our weaknesses and where we live. And that enemy is us!

The solution is not buy "American" or restricted trade. It's to take on the challenge of competition in the market place. To strive to make superior products or provide superior services. It's tough out there, but no tougher than when most of our great manufactures were born. They became great because of competition.

To win the war against us we need to make "Made in the USA" mean something. And that starts with us. (Hmm....weird how that works!)
<alien>

chiangus

SD said:
As a country we have taken on the worst of the worst for well over a century. And Won! Fascism and communism were defeated by freedom and capitalism. We were not hindered by over regulation and political correctness but sought out excellence, both moral and industrial, to defeat our enemies.

Today we face our most formidable fore ever. One that knows us better than any before. They know our weaknesses and where we live. And that enemy is us!

The solution is not buy "American" or restricted trade. It's to take on the challenge of competition in the market place. To strive to make superior products or provide superior services. It's tough out there, but no tougher than when most of our great manufactures were born. They became great because of competition.

To win the war against us we need to make "Made in the USA" mean something. And that starts with us. (Hmm....weird how that works!)
<alien>

Excellent post.  US used to be the clear cut leader in invention and innovation.  We need to strive harder to maintain this status.  This starts in the education system.

chiangus

For what is worth I bought a carhartt jacket on black friday for $39  (lol)

knabe

my daughter sewed some loose threads on my carhartt jacket.  democrats said it was farm labor and had to stop.

seems if people are worried about where stuff is made they should start a company, but that would be too obvious.

what a joke.  i hate low prices and non-union shops.  i will never support anyone unless they are democrat.  you just can't go wrong.

chiangus

knabe said:
my daughter sewed some loose threads on my carhartt jacket.  democrats said it was farm labor and had to stop.

seems if people are worried about where stuff is made they should start a company, but that would be too obvious.

what a joke.  i hate low prices and non-union shops.  i will never support anyone unless they are democrat.  you just can't go wrong.

People fail to realize that small business is the backbone of the US.  Instead of increasing regulations, they need to increase incentives for small businesses to grow and hire.  Stop bailing at the banks for their careless lending and put a stop to congress lining their pockets from lobbyist. 

Seems simple, that is why it won't happen.

knabe

chiangus said:
Instead of increasing regulations, they need to increase incentives for small businesses to grow and hire. 

decreasing, streamlining business increases incentive to create and grow business.  also, trash the sorbane-oxley bill, require 20% down on houses, eliminate tax breaks and lower the rates.  too simple.

Latest posts