Carpe Deim -heifer bull ? ? ??

Help Support Steer Planet:

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Experimented last fall with a heifer ,reg. Angus ( Mytty in Focus 109 x a top EXT -155 bANDO MOTHER ) an bred her to  Carpe Deim ,had a beautiful red brockle 75 lb. bull calf in the pasture by herself.    First thing maybe he will work on heifers with supervision ....Does Mytty or Ext have the red gene.
Wonderful looking calf ,also had a beautiful    Black  bull calf  out of 598 aughter an Muddy Water an 79 ilbs , fall calves look great ....

shorthorngirl2010

Freddy said:
Experimented last fall with a heifer ,reg. Angus ( Mytty in Focus 109 x a top EXT -155 bANDO MOTHER ) an bred her to  Carpe Deim ,had a beautiful red brockle 75 lb. bull calf in the pasture by herself.    First thing maybe he will work on heifers with supervision ....Does Mytty or Ext have the red gene.
Wonderful looking calf ,also had a beautiful    Black  bull calf  out of 598 aughter an Muddy Water an 79 ilbs , fall calves look great ....

About the red gene-- I've had a few that make me wonder myself.. pedigree says clean though ???

nebraskadave

Ok  Frederooski, whats the heifer's registration # ?

lets look a little farther back in the pedigree. I keep gettin messages that you called, you gonna go to Ord on Sunday?

Freddy

I didn't get very good picture of Carpe Deim calf just born ..will get a better one ..
Next picture is a Yellow Jacket calf out of reg, Angus cow that is good ..
Next picture is Muddy Water bul calf  out of 598 reg. cow ....

Attachments

• IMG_6372 copy.jpg
    IMG_6372 copy.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6357 copy.jpg
    IMG_6357 copy.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 148

CAB

Freddy just wanting to save some possible calving troubles for some. Would you agree that you have way less calving issues in the fall calving season? I used to calf both spring and fall herds, it was like night and day difference. I never had any issues in the fall except for the rare mal-presentations. There were posts indicating that Carpe Diem was not working as a calving ease sire last spring. I guess fair warning to potential users on virgin heifers with no personal experience in my own cows.Just an FYI. I did see Carpe Diem last spring @ Hawkeye and he is a great looking, moderate framed bull that IMO is structurally and functionally a sound bull that looks like he would down size in most matings.

Freddy

Right on CAB , 8 LLBS DIFFERENT IN CALVING , also the other day talking to netrionist an he told me in the second trimenster of pregnancy a lot of cattle need supplement  an extra protein an will not influence calfs weight much , but in the third if supplementing protein to much will cause bigger calves, over the years the third timester Iprefer corn stalks an good prarie hay. cows look better an good an healthy calves but not as large ....

Bulldaddy

CAB said:
  Freddy just wanting to save some possible calving troubles for some. Would you agree that you have way less calving issues in the fall calving season? I used to calf both spring and fall herds, it was like night and day difference. I never had any issues in the fall except for the rare mal-presentations. There were posts indicating that Carpe Diem was not working as a calving ease sire last spring. I guess fair warning to potential users on virgin heifers with no personal experience in my own cows.Just an FYI. I did see Carpe Diem last spring @ Hawkeye and he is a great looking, moderate framed bull that IMO is structurally and functionally a sound bull that looks like he would down size in most matings.

My experience calving in the fall in central Texas is that the calves are 10 to 15 lbs lighter that if they were born Jan-Mar.  Only pulled one in the last three years and it was upside down.

CAB

Freddy the calves look good. Keep us informed please. I like the Muddy Water bull as you well know. Do you have a # of them coming? Thanks, Brent