Catalog for TN Beef Agribition Shorthorn sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

Doc said:
This is the link for the TN Shorthorn sale. If anyone needs a catalog let me know.  http://issuu.com/stephcronin/docs/tennessee_sale_2014 

There is some pretty good cattle in there./// Well now boy-theys sho nuff some good uns in that catalogue: especially (though the picture cud stand a little different angle) Brent Elams bull.-The thing that Ive seen year after year are the cattle that come from the very top end of price structures such as: the Sullivan, Cates,Duis etc. deals. And the cattle that have the HIGHEST QUALITY CATTLE PER-DOLLAR OF THEM ALL-THE Martindale cattle-I just hope you all can keep enough of a sale average to justify staying in that game,and keep the name pedigree (seed stock) coming in.I know it aint easy. O0

Doc

Gmc cattle said:
I like lot 8, Doc. What do you think some of the breds will bring?

Thanks, she's pretty nice. As far as the breds go, like Mark said there is always some bargains at this sale, for the caliber of animal. I think that there will be some pretty nice breds there. I know that the pair that I'm taking is pretty nice. I'm just limited on the number of females I can run and as being I have her flushmate sister, just trying to get some different genetics.

Doc

ty378 said:
What dose the top lots usually bring

The top opens will range from $2500 to as high as this past year at $4500. The opens avg'd last year $2026. The year before I had champion and top selling at $3,000.

Doc

Gmc cattle said:
Will someone be taking bids on phone? I can't make it that day.

Yes, I will be. There is a couple of other people also, if you want to talk to someone else. My cell is 615-202-7106 Mike Davis

BSmith

2015 agribition What do yall think of the lot #25 bull what price range will he bring?

oakview

Please send me a catalog.  I wish they would put these in a file I could open.  I just can't open the issuu stuff.  I can open them at home, but can't print them.  They just don't work for me unless they're in pdf form.  Thanks. 

Doc

oakview said:
Please send me a catalog.  I wish they would put these in a file I could open.  I just can't open the issuu stuff.  I can open them at home, but can't print them.  They just don't work for me unless they're in pdf form.  Thanks.

I sure will Lonny. Yea, I can't stand the Issu stuff. I love to download it as a PDF also, that way I can look at it on airplane or anywhere.

mark tenenbaum

I have a tough time with the issue deal myself-but I also have a tuff time with this catalougue.It seems like 60% of the animals listed have no picture-just maybe a picture of thier sire etc-sorry folks-you aint gonna draw many people presenting them like that :especially given the really good cattle sold (pictured) in past sales-THAT MEANS YOU BRENT ELAM-you have one of the better looking outcross low BW bulls around:from Martins-one of the best (for the money and quality) breeders in the country-lets see some progenyO0

Doc

mark tenenbaum said:
I have a tough time with the issue deal myself-but I also have a tuff time with this catalougue.It seems like 60% of the animals listed have no picture-just maybe a picture of thier sire etc-sorry folks-you aint gonna draw many people presenting them like that :especially given the really good cattle sold (pictured) in past sales-THAT MEANS YOU BRENT ELAM-you have one of the better looking outcross low BW bulls around:from Martins-one of the best (for the money and quality) breeders in the country-lets see some progenyO0

I have a problem with it also. I agree that good pictures can definitely help and bad pictures sure hurt. I've had people send me pictures of cattle with their head stuck in a hay ring and you can only see 3/4 of the animal and then that person gets mad because I don't use the picture.  But I work with what I'm sent.

Doc

-XBAR- said:
^ yup, when they're not pictured, it's usually for a reason.

There is always a reason. Most of the time they don't have the time or the ability to clip their animals and get a pic. Several people that consign to our sale will get them broke and ready and then hire someone right before the sale to clip them for the sale. Doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the quality of the animal.
Perfect example, is we torched cows today for our sale catalog pics. We've got 2 heifers that were due today and there was no way I was going to run them through chute. So they won't have pics in the catalog.

mark tenenbaum

Well-I was with Deertrail for over 20 years and although my cattle werent a big part in numbers-we held alot of sales-and alot of the cows -breds we sold werent clipped or anything else. We just tried to take natural pictures-People can see what they are in a pasture setting or in a lot even if they are spring potential show hiefers alot better than none JMO-the whole deal with clipping and torching is OK if there is time-but something to me is alot better than 0-There again-I'm relating back to the sales from the last few years-Even the non-fitted  non fluffed cattle looked good-because they were good. Not your fault if the pics werent sent in this go. JMO

oakview

I talked to Cindy Cagwin a year and a half ago about the issuu problem with the catalogs on the ASA website and she referred me to the people at Shorthorn Country.  Everyone was very helpful and for the 2013 sale season, they started putting the catalogs on in PDF, too.  That doesn't happen any more, but I haven't called anyone about it because I get most of the catalogs in the mail eventualy.  I even got the Iowa Beef Expo catalog 7 days before the sale.  I can open the catalogs on Jeff's website with no problems, but he doesn't have all of them.  I don't get the Kentucky National or Tennessee catalogs in the mail, so the only way for me to see them is on my computer.

As far as pictures go, it's nice to hear other people have time restrictions and can't get show ready photos for all their consignments.  I submitted a pretty good photo for a sale a few years ago and they didn't use it because, I was told, the animal was in natural condition and they wanted all the animals to be fitted like they were ready for the show ring.  The animal was clean, standing perfectly, but just had his head  and minor clipping done.  I guess it didn't matter because I sold him before the sale privately.

RyanChandler

That's wild.  I didn't realize these state sales were only catering to 'show cattle.'  Especially since very few of these consignments will end up on the end of a halter.    As on online bidder, there's no way I would submit a bid on an animal that I had no idea what it even looked like. 

Doc

-XBAR- said:
That's wild.  I didn't realize these state sales were only catering to 'show cattle.'  Especially since very few of these consignments will end up on the end of a halter.    As on online bidder, there's no way I would submit a bid on an animal that I had no idea what it even looked like.

I have no problem with just a head clipped or even a natural shot. I do think that a clipped animal will help you sell an animal a little easier. I don't mean fitted to a T. I've even been known to mainly just clip one side of a heifer that I'm taking the picture of. I know just clipping a head and some hair off the neck will make all the difference in the way one looks. I like to see a picture of an animal also.
Lonny, I liked it when they offered a PDF as a choice also. It shouldn't be a problem to do it , because when they email them to me to proof it, it is a PDF file.
Xbar, I wouldn't submit a bid on an online sale just off a picture of an animal. I'm going to talk to someone that has seen it in person, before I submit a bid.

Latest posts