CF Trump

Help Support Steer Planet:

Heismanziel

CF-TrumpX.jpg

i have a shorthorn that has cf primo for her grandfather and the cow family is the cs reba rose i have read that i can't buy CF trump ,but would you breed her to one of his son's or what are some bulls i could use on her.

Davis Shorthorns

With your love of manzel I say go for it over and over.  but as a shorthorn breeder I say watch out for bw problems.  I would love to see a pict of the cow though.

RyanChandler

Breed her to a trump bred half brother. Half bro half sis matings are highly consistent.

If its any consolation - I feel college athletes should get paid. The amount of income they bring in to the university just blows the doors off the cost of tuition they're given in return. 

Davis Shorthorns

-XBAR- said:
If its any consolation - I feel college athletes should get paid. The amount of income they bring in to the university just blows the doors off the cost of tuition they're given in return.

So should all student athletes get paid?  If so how does the track and field team or water polo team bring in a ton of money? also That student athlete that is out of state will on average receive over $100,000 dollars in tuition over the course of their college career.  Now take that number and multiply it by the number of student athletes at any given institution and that number gets significantly closer.  Just think what the value is to the people that are playing for places like Stanford, North Western, Harvard, etc... Bet they think it is worth it for the most part when they don't have a 6 figure student loan when the get out of school. 

RyanChandler

Davis Shorthorns said:
-XBAR- said:

So should all student athletes get paid?  If so how does the track and field team or water polo team bring in a ton of money? also That student athlete that is out of state will on average receive over $100,000 dollars in tuition over the course of their college career.  Now take that number and multiply it by the number of student athletes at any given institution and that number gets significantly closer.  Just think what the value is to the people that are playing for places like Stanford, North Western, Harvard, etc... Bet they think it is worth it for the most part when they don't have a 6 figure student loan when the get out of school.

Their compensation should be relative to their sports contribution$ to the University.  It just goes back for my disdain of a few fat cats -no pun  ;) -sitting back capitalizing off the blood, sweat, and tears of the workhorse ball player. 

Don't get me wrong- I played ball year round growing up and I did it for love of the game. I took great pride in representing my family, my school, and myself - but when that quantity are funds are exchanging hands the way it does at the college level,  I think it's only just that they be allocated more accordingly.

mark tenenbaum

FF Redman(Bollums Minn) FHF Rodeos Gregg (GATOR-get from Wayne Temple) 0 bw Rodeo going back to the great Highfield Hope cow-RodeoxTrump works,The new  Sull red bulls going back to the red maines and Lauer cattle,GB Daybreak Express,FSF Assassin,FSF Starburst,White Jazz,Young Money, Trausches red Jazz son,some of the other Jazzez,Wildside,AR Su Lu 44 Magnum,Capt Obvious,Breathe Easy O0

Davis Shorthorns

-XBAR- said:
Davis Shorthorns said:
-XBAR- said:

Their compensation should be relative to their sports contribution$ to the University.  It just goes back for my disdain of a few fat cats -no pun  ;) -sitting back capitalizing off the blood, sweat, and tears of the workhorse ball player. 

Don't get me wrong- I played ball year round growing up and I did it for love of the game. I took great pride in representing my family, my school, and myself - but when that quantity are funds are exchanging hands the way it does at the college level,  I think it's only just that they be allocated more accordingly.

So, women just because their sports aren't as popular should be paid less?  hmmmm good luck with that one.  I'll let you explain that to all the female athletes that put in just as much time and energy into their sport than the men.  So what color of suit do you want to be buried in?  (lol)

Shorthorns4us

Wow:  How did a topic about whether to use CF Trump influenced bulls on their heifer/cow turn into paying college athletes???  Never a dull moment on SP!!

I thought that getting the scholarship for your education while you play the sport that earned you the chance to get the education via the scholarship is the point???  That goes for both male and female athletes. 

Back to the CF Trump question:  With all due respect to CF and CF decendants and their breeding program-- I would recommend picking a bloodline outside of CF Trump.  Those bloodlines have never really clicked in my program and breeding goals.  I would recommend Canadian influenced.  But again-- that is what works in my program. 
EF

trevorgreycattleco

110,000 fans don't back the volleyball court on Saturday afternoons. Braxton Miller's name is used in a highlight of every commercial talking buckeye football here. Lots of folksaling money off him and he makes none. If it wasn't for the football and some basketball programs generating mass money the lady archery team and men's high diving team wouldn't exist. Life isn't fair. Reality is what it is.

trevorgreycattleco

Heismanziel said:
CF-TrumpX.jpg

i have a shorthorn that has cf primo for her grandfather and the cow family is the cs reba rose i have read that i can't buy CF trump ,but would you breed her to one of his son's or what are some bulls i could use on her.

Line breed him. It works for the show ring. Call Sullivan's. See if you can purchase Master of Rose semen.

Davis Shorthorns

trevorgreycattleco said:
110,000 fans don't back the volleyball court on Saturday afternoons. Braxton Miller's name is used in a highlight of every commercial talking buckeye football here. Lots of folksaling money off him and he makes none. If it wasn't for the football and some basketball programs generating mass money the lady archery team and men's high diving team wouldn't exist. Life isn't fair. Reality is what it is.

And no one is forcing these kids to sign up to play for nothing.  They took their scholarships knowing they would not be compensated monetarily for playing football.  I look at it like a very strict intern program.  They are interning at the University for a chance to play football at the next level.  There is no rule that says someone that didn't play college football cant play in the NFL.  Also how much is out of state tuition at OSU?  $35,000 a year.  Not bad for playing a game.  Plus they do get some money to live on, free food that made by private chefs, free books.  im sorry but what about the players that aren't going to go pro should we pay them the same as someone that might?  But with out them the player that might wouldn't be what he is and wouldn't have the chance.  I would have gladly played football or what ever I could of to not have to pay my student loans back.  ESPECIALLY if I had attended somewhere out of state.  Education is a payment that will benefit MOST of these players in their future. 

Davis Shorthorns

BAHAHAHAHAHA  Wow this thread has really taken off on a different direction.  But for show animals there isn't a sire or set of sons that has consistently put them in the purple like CF Trump.