Charloais cross bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

RFC62

I'm trying to get some of those smoke steers that a lot of people like these days but i cant decide on a bull. I would be breeding them to a 5.5 frame Witch Doctor x Meyer and about a 7 frame Heat Seeker x chi-angus  cow. I like the Smoke and Mirrors bull as well as White Chocolate. Not quite sure about the Alias calves all seem to be wicked fronted. Any suggestions? 

drl

If you want a sure thing smokey colored calf you will need to breed to a bull that is solid white charolais. The smokey bulls when bred to a black cow with throw smokey 50% of the time and black the other 50%. I would rather have a white cow and breed her to a crossbred to get a smokey for sure.

sue

Im not a club calf person - last year I asked the same question and Cattle Visions recommended Kris Black's Troubador 3/4 Char bull..... we bred two and both stuck. I sold one for pretty good money and calved the other.... yummy. He came unassisted and vigor like we are used to. I think I would look alot harder at Kris Black's portfolio in the near future for potential club matings. This bull calf by Troubador  is a chunk and sound. ( mating was a Captain Obvious X RA mama ) .  I got a palimino color . you like that Palimino... ??

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I don't usually try to self promote a bull tthat I raised unless I feel he is being left out , the Muddy Water bull deserves some consideration if your looking
for a SMOKE bull .  Disposition on this bull and about 15 full sibs is ''IT just don't get any better ;;;;;  structure ,hair ,and thickness  also very good ++++

His mother is with out a doubt one of the great Charolais cows around ,she has a purebred bull or two that people will also be hearing more about ....
If ever in our area ,north central Ne, this summer around ROSE,NE.  DO STOP IN ...  THE MOTHER cow has just dropped --  MONOPOLOY ((((  3-BULLS
-2-HEIFERS ----CARNAC -2-BULLS -1 -HEIFER and could be more )))  The Carnac are full brothers to Muddy Water  and you know what MONOPOLY does with a good cow ....WILL BE NO PICTURES OF MY ET CALVES PUT ON SP TILL JUST BEFORE THE SALE ..