Charolais Bull.... your thoughts please

Help Support Steer Planet:

admidolo

This bull is a YellowJacket X PB Charolais Cow. He is 10.5 months old in this picture. Moderate and thick. www.simmonscharolais.com

Attachments

• IMG_0648-e1390964629694bull.jpg
    IMG_0648-e1390964629694bull.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 369

Judge

Like his length, bone and muscle would like to drop his rear flank, make him stand wider in his chest(mabey just the pic) and like to see him stand abit straighter on his front shoulder

admidolo

I agree with you on his flank, but I think a person could feed one into him. His front end is super wide. Aren't the yellowjacket calves a little high in their flank anyway? I know that also depends on the cow, but seems I have seen his calves have that problem

Bulldaddy

I like your bull.  One of my best cows is a Yellow Jacket  X Maine/Angus cow that has plenty of flank.  I think it depends on what you use him on. 

OH Breeder

The masculine characteristics that many of the young clubby bred bulls seem to lack today are outstanding. Like the looks of this guy alot. I would be proud to have raised this fella.

admidolo

Does he have the potential, in your opinion, to be collected and marketed?

admidolo

He could be registered as 25% maine, but the cow has no papers. She is out of my commercial herd

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
DON'T waste your money registering him as Charolais composite  would be my suggestion , lot of the clubby guys won't, had a customer who had a composite heifer  and bred her to Milkman
and the owner wouldn't register him so she could register her calf ....Nice calf and she couldn't show her either as a composite !!!

Tallcool1

I really like his front end.

Lots of meat.

Deep bodied with some guts.

Flank does not bother me.

He is really straight on his hind wheels.  Too straight for me, BUT I can't see him move in a picture.

Better than anything I have raised!!