charolais x club calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

mdb1985

If you were going to breed a purebred Charolais cow to a club calf to try to get smokies, what club calf would you use?

spkauffmann

We are breeding a lot of our purebreed Charolais cows that don't breed back in our tight 60 day breeding season to a few clubby bulls. We used Dirty Hairy and haven't had any rat tails at all i think we have almost 8 calves out of him they are rock solid and very muscular. The Who made Who's are nice but u have a chance of getting a rat tail. Lifeline is also one that we use that i like too. We got a few really nice monoply calves but i have to say hands down i like the Dirty Hairy calves the best. All we run is purebreed Charolais cows so i know exactly what u are going through finding a bull that doesn't through a rat tail. any questions just ask

Sean

STX108

Those suggesting Carnac...Have ya'll encountered structure problems in his offspring?

wsc

We had a couple carnacs last year, and had no structure problems...  Ares were all stout,hairy,and sound...  If I could change the ones we had they could have needed a shot of bone...